This is really urgent please help

nv1234

Hi all,

This is my first H1b and I am going to india in jan 2012. I have to go. Can't cancel the trip. It's an emergency.

My client just terminated my contract (may be because of my vacation) and 19th Dec will be my last day at work.

Now I'm in a really bad situation.

When I'll go for stamping, what will I say to USCIS as I won't be having project. What will I say, that who is my client?

I can try finding new project but what if I don't get one?

Please help and suggest something.

thanks in advance

Hi NV,

Right now H1B visa situation is not good. If you have all document and even project they issue 221 G and later they refuse visa.

It is up to you to go for visa stamping without project. If they know you don’t have project, they will refuse your visa immediately.

If you lay and visa officer find out, you will be ban forever to enter in USA.

I would suggest in this situation, please get project and stamp in Canada or Mexico then come in India.

Thanks

Hi NV,

Right now H1B visa situation is not good. If you have all document and even project they issue 221 G and later they refuse visa.

It is up to you to go for visa stamping without project. If they know you don’t have project, they will refuse your visa immediately.

If you lay and visa officer find out, you will be ban forever to enter in USA.

I would suggest in this situation, please get project and stamp in Canada or Mexico then come in India.

Thanks

I don't have masters from US and this is my 1st H1b. Still I can go to canada for stamping?

Also, what if they give me 221g in Canada? I'll be stuck there.

Do not panic and not to worry.. Things happen and you need to be calm and be prepared to answer truthfully.

I know someone who went through the same situation, travelled to India knowingly the project was ending in two weeks time.

Carry all the documents for your current project and when visa officer asks only when he/she asks then state your last project ended on Dec 19th, once I'm back my employer will have a new project for me to work on.

If they question, be confident and answer positively that your employer is in this business since xxxx and from time to time have developed business relationships with several clients. And my skill set is in huge demand in the US. I don't see any issues getting on to the new project in short period of time.

It's how the consulting business is, its matter of how you portray your stand and perspective.

I'm not saying it will change their mind or anything, but atleast you will say what you have to say on this.

Good luck.

I don't have masters from US and this is my 1st H1b. Still I can go to canada for stamping?

If you dont have your masters you cannot go for 1st Time H1B to Canada...and if you get a 221g in canada you can go to india and come back to canada and submitt passport if your visa is approved after processing

Do not panic and not to worry.. Things happen and you need to be calm and be prepared to answer truthfully.

I know someone who went through the same situation, travelled to India knowingly the project was ending in two weeks time.

Carry all the documents for your current project and when visa officer asks only when he/she asks then state your last project ended on Dec 19th, once I'm back my employer will have a new project for me to work on.

If they question, be confident and answer positively that your employer is in this business since xxxx and from time to time have developed business relationships with several clients. And my skill set is in huge demand in the US. I don't see any issues getting on to the new project in short period of time.

It's how the consulting business is, its matter of how you portray your stand and perspective.

I'm not saying it will change their mind or anything, but atleast you will say what you have to say on this.

Good luck.

You are right..if it is an emergency..this is only option he has...

If your current status is H1b, you can go to Canada for renewal. Try your luck in Vancouver. Thats the only place where my friends were not asked a single document. But they had project in hand and were working. If approved, You will get the visa in 3 days. Again try going by the time your project will end.

Archived