Successfull H1b stamping at Mumbai on 8th Dec

vishals_me

Hi All,

Thanks for all your support and answers. I had successfull H1b stamping at Mumbai on 8th Dec.

My appt was at 9:30 in the morning but I started in queue around 8:30 itself and I was allowed to be in. Then the procedure took almost 1hr including 3 mins of interview, security screening and all.

I saw that it wasn't bad for H1b on that day, at least on the window(#27) I was on. There was a nice gentleman. I saw you young girls interviewed and asked for couple docs and granted visa. Then I was called in.

Vo. I will take all that (pp/i797)

Me: OK (How are you?)

Vo: quite

Vo: When did you started with your employer xx?

Me: MMM YY

Vo: who you did your OPT with?

Me: xxx employer

Vo: you work at client side?

Me: No. I work at my employer office. When required, I support at client side.

Vo: Who you did your opt with? (again)

Me: xxx employer(Again)

VO: kept checking my pp - kept looking for something and voiding old visas and asked me how big is your employer xx?

Me: around xxx ppl and we are at many locations in the world.

Vo did something for 2-3 mins and keep taping my pp on the deck in his hand, making me feel like he was gonna push my pp out back to me :(

VO: your visa's approved you will recieve in curier in 2-3 days.

Me: Thanks officer!

I was hardly asked 3-4 questions and NO docuements at all.

Good luck to everyone! Let me know if any question.

Thanks,

V.

Hi All,

Thanks for all your support and answers. I had successfull H1b stamping at Mumbai on 8th Dec.

My appt was at 9:30 in the morning but I started in queue around 8:30 itself and I was allowed to be in. Then the procedure took almost 1hr including 3 mins of interview, security screening and all.

I saw that it wasn't bad for H1b on that day, at least on the window(#27) I was on. There was a nice gentleman. I saw you young girls interviewed and asked for couple docs and granted visa. Then I was called in.

Vo. I will take all that (pp/i797)

Me: OK (How are you?)

Vo: quite

Vo: When did you started with your employer xx?

Me: MMM YY

Vo: who you did your OPT with?

Me: xxx employer

Vo: you work at client side?

Me: No. I work at my employer office. When required, I support at client side.

Vo: Who you did your opt with? (again)

Me: xxx employer(Again)

VO: kept checking my pp - kept looking for something and voiding old visas and asked me how big is your employer xx?

Me: around xxx ppl and we are at many locations in the world.

Vo did something for 2-3 mins and keep taping my pp on the deck in his hand, making me feel like he was gonna push my pp out back to me :(

VO: your visa's approved you will recieve in curier in 2-3 days.

Me: Thanks officer!

I was hardly asked 3-4 questions and NO docuements at all.

Good luck to everyone! Let me know if any question.

Thanks,

V.

congrats.

when did you schedule your appt for dec 8?

Thanks all.

I scheduled I think on 3rd for 8th appointment.

I don't remember how was the old consulate cause I went there like 6 years ago for my F1. But the new one is definitely good. One thing they didn't care again is accommodating visitors come with applicant :( Otherwise it's cool

Thank you for posting. Yes getting appointment in mumbai is really difficult; I still can't find a date more than a week in advance.

Archived