H1B Transfer Visa Stamping

henrywilliams1009

Hello All,

I have a current situation and would need some suggestions ideas on how to address the issue.

I was working for a contracting company A and was offered a full time employment with a reputed Company B in October 2011 but did not initiate the Visa transfer yet. However, on family emergency i had to return to India on November 3rd (I do not have H1B Visa Stamped). Company B had filed for the transfer and the petition got approved with dates as 5-Dec-2011 to 4-Dec-2014. At this point i have not started to work for Company B yet.

While filling the DS160 forms on 03-Dec-2011, in the Current Employer Section i had entered company A (Since i am still working for company A projects remotely) as my current employer. On the next page of previous employment section i have entered Company A End Date as December 1st 2011.

My question: Would it cause any problem as i am going for stamping on Company B and entered company A as my current employer?

Can i say i was serving my notice period with the employer A at that point so i entered those details, However currently my current employer is Company B?

I would request if someone can suggest me an approach on how to tackle he situation.

Thanks and appreciate your help!

Archived