Successful Visa Stamping on Nov28th - Ottawa, Canada

kmas2

Hello all,,

I am sharing my visa interview experience i had in Ottawa, Canada,,

I first scheduled my visa interview date for Nov 28th at 8:00AM in Ottawa, Canada,

Follow the link below to schedule appointment for visa interview

http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

I applied for my Canadian visitor visa through following link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp#applications

Above link pretty much explains what are all the documents needed for the Canadian visitor visa.. Note, you can either get a single entry visa ($75) or Multiple Entry visa($150). Multiple entry visas are given till the validity of your I-797A expiration date. Visitor Visa fees has to be paid via Money Order, (no credit/debit/cash allowed) you can get the money order from post office. Fill out the relevant forms with the money order, take it to the nearest Canadian consulate (I went o NY Canadian consulate), submit the forms, and you can collect your passport the next day, usually they used to give it the same day,, but these days its taking a day for them to process.

I booked the flight to Ottawa, Canada since i don't prefer driving,, because if we are stuck there and if we had to leave to India,, it's odd to keep the car there,, so i flew from NY to Canada on Nov 27th.

I stayed at Captial Hill hotels & suites which is in Albert street,, 10 minutes walk to the consulate, and it is the only cheapest hotel near that area,, i paid $100 a night,, so, if you find anyone you can share with,, that would be better. I took a cab to the hotel from the airport,, it costed me $35 to get to hotel, you can either take a Bus from the airport ( Route# 97 goes straight to the Hotel from Airport; you got to get down at Metcalfe station and the hotel is opposite to the bus stop). For detailed bus routes you can visit "octranspo.com".. public transportation is more convenient.

I went to US consulate on Nov 28th at 7:30 AM,, and the security will check all your belongings, you cannot carry any bags with you,, i saw a guy came with a laptop bag but the security din't allow him so he had to leave his bag somewhere outside.. so, prefer not to take any bags with you,, just have all your documents alone.

You got to show your DS-160 confirmation page with 1 passport size photo to another guy at the entrance, he will then send you to a cashier counter where they will take your passport and I-797A form and will give you a token number which they will call

Once they call you token number, another counter will collect your finger prints and then you will have to wait for the interviewer to call your token number.

The VO called my number,

All he asked me was,,

VO.How long you have been in the US?

A. 6 years

VO. Are you with the same employer from the time you came?

A. Yes

VO. Which client do you work for?

A. answered

VO. Can i see your client letter?

A. gave my client letter

VO: your visa is approved but PIMS hasn't been updated yet and will take 3 to 4 days to get your passport.

I waited till Thursday and i got an email from Loomis Express to collect my passport the next day,, i went and collected it,,

Direction to Loomis Express from Capital Hill hotels:

take Route# 97 bus East bound and get down at Greenboro

take Route# 116 bus from Greenboro to Auriga drive, once you get down,, DHL (Loomis) is opposite to the bus stop.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Hi Kmas2,

Thanks for posting your experience...

question...i also need to go to NY canadian consulate.....will they give the passport back on the same day if we submit the doc first thing in the morning or regardless they say to come to next day???

I will have to drive to Ny from hartford to so want to know to plan my trip to NY if its a day or two days..

thanks

• 2 years later...

Archived