I-94 Number mismatch

King_25

Hi,

I am in the country since 2009 and recently got my H1 Extn done. when i verified the document i noticed that the I-94 number is a new one and does not match with my old one. Will that pose a problem or should i get in touch with USCIS to get this corrected to reflect the old number.

Will this effect your stay in USA and other related like Driver;s license and Car Tag.

I relocated from one state to other and i have to get my DL and Car Tag transferred , the DMV guys told me that my immigration details are not verifiable at this point because of the mismatch. i believe that the immigration database which DMV access is still showing my old I-94 # which expired. How long does it take to reflect/update the database.

Given the above scenario of improper updation of I-94 #, if i have to travel out of country - i will have to surrender the current I-94 and once again there will be a conflict when i get to POE . How do i overcome this situation.

Do i have to continue with the new I-94 # or get any confirmation from USCIS that i am good with the new number and the old one is obsolete

Archived