New H1B Regular Process California *** November Only ****

PMKris

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I need a favor from you.. My employer refuses to give me the receipt number.. They only give me the date of filing and the center name. I recently came across a blog which says how to get the receipt number from uscis call center.

http://www.********************

Is there any other way through which I can get the receipt number? Kindly let me know if some of you know that..

Thanks a bunch.

Varun

Guys, I need a favor from you.. My employer refuses to give me the receipt number.. They only give me the date of filing and the center name. I recently came across a blog which says how to get the receipt number from uscis call center.

http://www.********************

Is there any other way through which I can get the receipt number? Kindly let me know if some of you know that..

Thanks a bunch.

Varun

Varun, technically the employer is the one who has complete right over the filing and other stuff. Once your H1 is approved it's the law to share the petition copy. Hold tight for now, and once approved u have all rights. Make sure u'r pay check is running thru out the process.

By the way guys, I had asked a question earlier in this thread about getting the receipt number. Is there any way I can get my receipt number by knowing my receipt date and other required details. I tried asking my employer for receipt number and they dont give me at all.. If someone can suggest a way to get my receipt number, it would be great..

Thanks

Mine was file on 21st November. Still no reply. I was tracking few file numbers and have seen a huge number of people getting RFEs. So bit worried. RFE means another 2 months. Don't want to wait that long :( .

@ vavenugo Only your employer knows your file number. You cant get it without their help!!

just got to know that a person who was filed along with my wwife , receipt date 18th Nov got approval and the company got the approval email on 2nd March.

We are still waiting.....

Its not a random pick. The files are put into number of queues and then processed. So it is possible that 23rd nov application gets processed while 18th nov application is still in the queue.

Hi All,

My attorney who filed the H1B transfer paperwork convinces me that the delay of the H1B petitions is indeed in favor of us applicants / beneficiaries!!! I was told that the H1B time when waiting for USCIS approval is not counted towards the 6 years term.

Is that true at all? Especially when you're in the US working with new company on receipt notice? I was highly doubtful of this....but thought I'd get more opinions about this.

Appreciate all your responses........

Thanks!

Archived