When is the right time to Start GC Processing?

Krux

Hi All,

I have recently got H1b approved and it got approved only for 1 yr 3 months i.e., it valid only till Dec 2012.

1. Is that better if i can start GC processing with my employer ASAP
  2. Is that better to look for a Full time position and get 3 yrs of H1 and then start the GC processing.
  3. And I have done Masters over here so I am eligible for EB2 Category? and I heard that if i have some experience ( currently i have 2yrs of experience) before applying for GC than it will be helpfull?

Can you anyone please Advice

Thanks,

Karthik

One can start the Green Card process with a sponsoring employer at any time, even if one is not in the United States. Generally, however, individuals filing for an employment-based Green Card process are aware of the PERM filing date so that they can extend their H1B status past the initial six years if needed.

In terms of the EB (employment-based) category, that is determined by the minimum requirements needed for the position by the sponsoring employer. So, if the position is an EB2 position, and the beneficiary qualifies for that position, then the case can be filed as EB2.

If you have specific questions in regard to your case, I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

• 5 weeks later...

I suggest you start your GC process asap because the experience in your current position (whichever company you are at and that you are filing for ) will not count. So if you are stay put in the same position for 2-3 years that experience will not count, it will be experience prior to your current position, so there isnt any point waiting.

Filing in EB2 and EB3 depends on what the basic job requirement is. For example if your current position requires BS/ Ms preferred+ 3 years experience then that means Masters isn't required. hence you will be in EB3 even though you have masters degree. IF job description says Masters+ 2 years experience then you will be eligible. Contact the lawyers to clear your doubts. They are the best source...

Archived