H1B & H4 - MUMBAI DOCUMENTS SUBMISSION

guru13

Hi,

I am planning to go for visa stamping for myself H1B & my wife H4 together at Mumbai; We have to submit documents 3 days before the interview, my question is - Do we have to submit documents for me & my wife seperately or in a single package? We will be taking a single interview appointment for ourselves.

I would appreciate, if someone can help,

Guru

Hi,

I am planning to go for visa stamping for myself H1B & my wife H4 together at Mumbai; We have to submit documents 3 days before the interview, my question is - Do we have to submit documents for me & my wife seperately or in a single package? We will be taking a single interview appointment for ourselves.

I would appreciate, if someone can help,

Guru

Just go to VFS Center with documents and they wlll take care of the rest for you and your wife. They are pretty knowledgeable in how to handle H1 and H4 document submission cases.

You can also have somebody submit documents on your behalf. Get your documents ready as mentioned per checklist which you can download from VFS website. VFS will accept it as one application but will create 2 internal folders based on barcode and send to consulate. Also new Mumbai consulate has barcode system, so make sure you take copy of your DS160 at the time of interview. Make sure the person submitting has the original HDFC receipt as they verify that during document submission phase. I submitted documents myself so VFS person checked my originals, but when I submitted last time, somebody did that on behalf of us. Hope it helps and good luck for interview.

Archived