H1B Stamp-Delhi 11/12

mohit32

Hey Guys,

I went for a new Visa stamp with my approval notice on 11/23.

I realized I had 3 separate mistakes on my DS 160 form. 1) Wrong, place of birth. 2) I said no on whether I had gotten ten printing done, but I had actually last year.

3) And, the pre interview screener pointed out that I had entered my passport expiration date incorrectly, US date instead of Indian date format.

She corrected that but the other 2 didn't even come up. Do not make these mistakes on your form, but if you do, then they can correct them for you on the spot.

The VO, an indian lady, asked me:

-What firm I work for.

-What do I do on a daily basis.

-What is my current title.

Then she took a minute to make notes. The interview lasted about 3 minutes and then she told me my Visa was granted.

They did hold my passport for a couple of days before asking me to come in person to collect it. I do not know why. Perhaps they discovered something wrong and then decided to stamp the VISA anyways.

At my airport of entry (LaGuardia) the officer again asked me my current title which he noted and how much money I was carrying....

All the best.

congrats.

tenprinting is not likely to be a hurdle because we are liable to forget.

But did they ask you to collect the pp from the consulate or vfs counter?

Hey Guys, I went for a new Visa stamp with my approval notice on 11/23. I realized I had 3 separate mistakes on my DS 160 form. 1) Wrong, place of birth. 2) I said no on whether I had gotten ten printing done, but I had actually last year. 3) And, the pre interview screener pointed out that I had entered my passport expiration date incorrectly, US date instead of Indian date format. She corrected that but the other 2 didn't even come up. Do not make these mistakes on your form, but if you do, then they can correct them for you on the spot. The VO, an indian lady, asked me: -What firm I work for. -What do I do on a daily basis. -What is my current title. Then she took a minute to make notes. The interview lasted about 3 minutes and then she told me my Visa was granted. They did hold my passport for a couple of days before asking me to come in person to collect it. I do not know why. Perhaps they discovered something wrong and then decided to stamp the VISA anyways. At my airport of entry (LaGuardia) the officer again asked me my current title which he noted and how much money I was carrying.... All the best.

@tusharvk

After approval they told me they would courier it to me. I called the VFS counter for a couple of days and was told it was still at the embassy for processing.

Next I got a call from the embassy and was told to collect it in person. Very mysterious as I was there with Indian Navy officers visiting the US. I was the only H1B.

That makes me wonder if there was an issue with the VISA itself. Any ideas why this might have happened?

Archived