Employment based GC filing while being in India

Hi

I was in US for last three years and i was working for a small company. This year I came back to India because my Visa (L2 Visa with EAD) got expired.

If my employer or some other company in USA is ready to file my Employment base GC- EB2. Is it possible to initiate GC processing while I am in India?

It will take me at least 8 to 10 months to go back to US if I can get H1b(yr 2012). So do you think that some US company can initiate my GC right now instead of waiting for next 10 months till I go back?

I am not on payroll of my company now though i am still working for my old company and getting paid as a freelancer.

Please guide.

please consult a lawyer.

GC is for future employment, you don't need to be physically in the US or work for your petitioner until GC is approved.

Hi

I was in US for last three years and i was working for a small company. This year I came back to India because my Visa (L2 Visa with EAD) got expired.

If my employer or some other company in USA is ready to file my Employment base GC- EB2. Is it possible to initiate GC processing while I am in India?

It will take me at least 8 to 10 months to go back to US if I can get H1b(yr 2012). So do you think that some US company can initiate my GC right now instead of waiting for next 10 months till I go back?

I am not on payroll of my company now though i am still working for my old company and getting paid as a freelancer.

Please guide.

Archived