Days apart between visa approval and stamping appointment

himanshu

Hi,

I am in USA and suppose I received my H1B extension approval today , when or how early I can take visa appointment in India. For one of my friend, he took visa appointment after 3 weeks of his approval but got a green slip from Chennai consulate , reason is data is not yet updated. So my question is after how many days its safe to book appointment after visa approval. Also does it vary if I applied my extension on Premium.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am in USA and suppose I received my H1B extension approval today , when or how early I can take visa appointment in India. For one of my friend, he took visa appointment after 3 weeks of his approval but got a green slip from Chennai consulate , reason is data is not yet updated. So my question is after how many days its safe to book appointment after visa approval. Also does it vary if I applied my extension on Premium.

Thanks in advance.

interesting.

In case of approvals, they do not even send the data to pims. So, is there another reason for your friend's green slip?did he eventually get it?

>> is there another reason for your friend's green slip?

No, they clearly said we don't have access to your latest approval records.

>>did he eventually get it?

Yes.

The issue in this case is not related to denies for Visa, but the problem is you are not sure after how many days you will get back your passport. So, if you plan to fly soon there may be some problem.

>> is there another reason for your friend's green slip?

No, they clearly said we don't have access to your latest approval records.

>>did he eventually get it?

Yes.

The issue in this case is not related to denies for Visa, but the problem is you are not sure after how many days you will get back your passport. So, if you plan to fly soon there may be some problem.

as mentioned in murthy articles, they do not even update the pims database if the case is of eos.

Archived