221g Green slip issued at Chennai consulate

cool.cancerian

Hey guys,

My wife recently went for her H4 visa interview to Chennai consulate. Her interview was really short (~100 sec.!) and the officer said she will get her visa by mail in ~7 days. Today she got the couriered package with her un-stamped passport and 221g Green slip asking for additional documents (all the items listed under 'From Your Petitioner' and my payslips, bank statements, w2 and tax returns ). Is it common where visa was not issued even after the officer said it will be issued?

What is approximate timeline over its resolution after we submit all the docs? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Hey guys,

My wife recently went for her H4 visa interview to Chennai consulate. Her interview was really short (~100 sec.!) and the officer said she will get her visa by mail in ~7 days. Today she got the couriered package with her un-stamped passport and 221g Green slip asking for additional documents (all the items listed under 'From Your Petitioner' and my payslips, bank statements, w2 and tax returns ). Is it common where visa was not issued even after the officer said it will be issued?

What is approximate timeline over its resolution after we submit all the docs? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Anyone for assistance here?

• 1 month later...

*****HAPPY UPDATE*****

Dec. 1, 2011 - H4 interview at US Consulate, Chennai, went well and passport retained

Dec. 3, 2011 - Passport received with 221g Green slip and no stamp

Dec. 27, 2011 - Submitted all the required docs to VFS Mumbai

Jan. 11, 2012 - Received letter with request to submit passport and I-797, I-129, LCA

Jan. 12, 2012 - Submitted Passport, 2 passport-size photos and other docs to VFS Mumbai

Jan. 19, 2012 - Passport received with the coveted stamp

Let me know if you need to know additional info. about this case, if you can't find it in the thread.

Hi Cool.Cancerian,

Congrats and thanks for coming back and updating the thread. My wife is attending her H4 visa interview in Feb 1st week. Were you with a EVC model or a full-time employee. I am a full-time employee with a major IPO company and was wondering if there is a possibility of getting 221g

's. Thanks in advance.

thanks

Hi Zacharamiz,

It is all depends on the Visa Officer, these days we are hearing a lot about this. The VO says yes, your visa has been approved, but internally they are doing some processing and we are getting passport without stamping.

Whether it is Full time or consulting, we cannot do anything. It all depends from case to case.

We have to make sure that all the documentation is good and keep our fingers crossed until we get the visa.

My wife F1 also, they said it was approved and we get the passport with visa rejection saying as potential immigrant.

Hi Newbie, Just had this 1 question.

Jan. 11, 2012 - Received letter with request to submit passport and I-797, I-129, LCA

Jan. 12, 2012 - Submitted Passport, 2 passport-size photos and other docs to VFS Mumbai. ------------- DID you SUBMIT the Original i-797 , Certified I-129 , LCA to the consulate or just Copies.

My Wife is in India & i am planning to take an appointment for her visa interview in Mumbai Consulate ?? Pls help.

DID you SUBMIT the Original i-797 , Certified I-129 , LCA to the consulate or just Copies.

Technically speaking you, the primary H1B holder, should ALWAYS be in possession of ORIGINAL I-797, along with the copy of LCA. So to answer your question, I submitted photocopies of all the three docs mentioned above.

In the letter we received on Jan 11, it was clearly mentioned 'submit docs for your visa', however, few other people received the same letter that said 'this does not mean you've got visa, there may be additional processing' (both were handwritten texts). So I guess that is a cue to whether it is end of the hurdle or still to go!

Hope all goes well with you as well...Don't forget to update the thread once you have a positive outcome!

• 3 years later...

Hi,

My husband (h1b) and I (h4) used the drop box option and submitted the docs on 13th april. Our passports came on 22nd april. My husband's got approved, but mine was un stamped with a green slip 221g. I attended the interview next day 23rd april as mentioned in the slip. The VO said he needs to fix the issue so I may have to wait for 2 weeks. But it is gonna be 2 months and still my status shows under "administrative processing" in the website. Please let me know if anybody experienced similar issue and got the positive outcome.

Thanks

Archived