H1B Visa Stamping - Need Suggestions

satishbane

Hello friends,

I'm on H1B visa and I'm working as a Contractor in IT field in "Employer - Preferred Vendor - Client" model. Before getting this job, I completed Masters. This is my first contract and It has been more than a year since I'm with this client and I don't see them terminating my contract anytime soon. I wish to go to India for couple of weeks in the first or second quarter of the next year. This is the first time I'll be traveling outside US on H1B visa. So I need to stamp my Visa to come back to US. I'll be going to Mumbai Consulate for Visa stamping.

Please let me know what documents I should carry and what precautions I should take. Also please let me know about the procedure to take Visa stamping appointment at the Consulate. It seems, the "Client Letter" is one of the most important documents. Please let me know what the format of the "Client Letter" should be. I've good rapport with my Project Manager and I'm pretty much sure he will give me the letter the way I want.

I know there will be suggestions to go to Canada/Mexico for the stamping, but I really wish to do it in India.

Your suggestions will be really helpful for me to prepare for the next biggest step in my life.

Thank you.

Regards,

Satish.

Archived