I-140 question

1247amherst

I used to work for company 'A' where my GC LC got approved. At the same time, I got offer from company 'B', currently I am working for company 'B' on H-1B.

Now my previous employment agency (company 'A') is planning to apply for I-140 based on my approved LC. Can I go with this process as I am not anymore with this company?

I am more inclined to this offer as it will preserve the "Priority Date".

Once my I-140 from previous company(A) gets approved, I am planning to transfer the Priority Date to current company 'B'.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You and your sponsoring employer should only continue your Green Card process if the job offer is still valid and you will go back to Company A and be employed in the sponsored position no later than when your Permanent Resident status is approved. You actually have to work for the employer who sponsors you for a Green Card when your PR status is approved.

If you have specific questions in regard to your case, I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived