H1b Visa Stamping - Hyderabad. Email for more information

ngodugu

Hi All,

My fiance just had his visa interview at Hyderabad consulate on Dec 2nd.

He has Masters and works for a major hospital's research lab. He had his earlier H1B stamped without any issues with the same company. This time it is a different story.

The visa officer didn't say anything or didn't give any document like 221(g) but asked him to wait for an email that will request for additional information. The email came and it is requesting the same things he has submitted already and his resume. He is going to send all the documents ASAP.

They gave his application and supporting documents back but kept his passport.

Has anybody had a similar experience? How long did it take for the stamping to happen?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks in advance

Neelima

One of my friend had a similar experience. he got his MD done from US and was working a very reputed hospital. Went for extension stamping to hyd and got a 221g. Even his passport was retained by the Visa Officer. It took him close to 3 months to get the stamped passport back. The situation of my friend was similar as he was also asked for documents about his employer. They did contact the hosptial for verification.

Hi All,

My fiance just had his visa interview at Hyderabad consulate on Dec 2nd.

He has Masters and works for a major hospital's research lab. He had his earlier H1B stamped without any issues with the same company. This time it is a different story.

The visa officer didn't say anything or didn't give any document like 221(g) but asked him to wait for an email that will request for additional information. The email came and it is requesting the same things he has submitted already and his resume. He is going to send all the documents ASAP.

They gave his application and supporting documents back but kept his passport.

Has anybody had a similar experience? How long did it take for the stamping to happen?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks in advance

Neelima

TAL Check

Archived