Visa Stamping in Delhi Consulate

nkr

Hi,

I recently (in April) had my H1B visa approved and am planning to go to Delhi to get the visa stamping done. I have already booked by visa appointment for Dec 13. Yesterday, my attorney told me that there a lot of delays and even denials and suggested that I get the stamping done later. I have done my Masters in the US, worked on OPT, OPT Extension and now on H1. I am a full time employee and I work for a small startup. I have all my documents. I am confused as to what I should be doing at this point, go ahead and travel to India, or cancel my trip. Please help.

Hi,

I recently (in April) had my H1B visa approved and am planning to go to Delhi to get the visa stamping done. I have already booked by visa appointment for Dec 13. Yesterday, my attorney told me that there a lot of delays and even denials and suggested that I get the stamping done later. I have done my Masters in the US, worked on OPT, OPT Extension and now on H1. I am a full time employee and I work for a small startup. I have all my documents. I am confused as to what I should be doing at this point, go ahead and travel to India, or cancel my trip. Please help.

Sorry to say but you need to listen to the attorney unless you have an urgent situation.

Hi Newbie,

Below is just my personal opinion and it is not an imposition by any means.

I am also a FTE and was very recently in similar suituation with 2 minds, whether to go for stamping to Delhi or not, and take the risk.

But, basically we all should acknowledge that that visa is always been a chance , with varied probablities at different points of time. All one can do at his part is to make it case strong (with proper documents, ensuring legal stay, with his/her company in good books etc).

We all are also aware that currently there are more denails and delays , but this is obvious with the tough economical times. And with conditions on ground, the trend is likely to continue.

There are exactly the time when one has to take tough decision of choosing to be emotional (meet loved ones, spend family time etc, with risk ) or continue the uncertain wait of things to become better (for visa approvals). And here comes ones own judgement of his/her suituation (based on intution etc, which people reading may disagree with).

Hence, with continued uncertainity of things magically becoming ALL WELL in next few month, in my personal opinion, if one would keep on indefinately postpone his/her plans and swirl life around visa approvals, he/she could miss the equally important deserving moments. Therefore, YOU (as there would be always different kind of inputs for all around) have to really evaluate and take a decision, and stick to it.

BTW, I got my visa approved by Delhi consulate last week. Only basic question were asked like company name, wht is my job description etc).

All the best if you do decide to go forward. Let me know if I can provide you any more information.

Thanks !

I am an FTE and attending my interview in Delhi on December 12, 2011. I also had the same doubt considering the present visa issuance scenario. But, I have got H1 stampings 2 times already (1 in Mexico, 1 at Chennai). This is my 3rd time with 3rd company crossing 6 years mark with approved I-140. This time I am going to Delhi for a change. You never know what the result will be until you take the chance. I have a MS from US and working for this healthcare employer for almost 1 year. I will update my experience after my interview. Goodluck.

Hi Newbie,

Below is just my personal opinion and it is not an imposition by any means.

I am also a FTE and was very recently in similar suituation with 2 minds, whether to go for stamping to Delhi or not, and take the risk.

But, basically we all should acknowledge that that visa is always been a chance , with varied probablities at different points of time. All one can do at his part is to make it case strong (with proper documents, ensuring legal stay, with his/her company in good books etc).

We all are also aware that currently there are more denails and delays , but this is obvious with the tough economical times. And with conditions on ground, the trend is likely to continue.

There are exactly the time when one has to take tough decision of choosing to be emotional (meet loved ones, spend family time etc, with risk ) or continue the uncertain wait of things to become better (for visa approvals). And here comes ones own judgement of his/her suituation (based on intution etc, which people reading may disagree with).

Hence, with continued uncertainity of things magically becoming ALL WELL in next few month, in my personal opinion, if one would keep on indefinately postpone his/her plans and swirl life around visa approvals, he/she could miss the equally important deserving moments. Therefore, YOU (as there would be always different kind of inputs for all around) have to really evaluate and take a decision, and stick to it.

BTW, I got my visa approved by Delhi consulate last week. Only basic question were asked like company name, wht is my job description etc).

All the best if you do decide to go forward. Let me know if I can provide you any more information.

Thanks !

Hi Guys

I was exactly in the same situation. I am an FTE and got my VISA approved on Nov 25 and got the passport next day. My bro also got his approved and got the visa next day. He is also FTE.

According to me if you are FTE and your company is small big or medium and all the documents are in place nothing will happen. I was asked 3 basic questions and was approved in 30 seconds. Similarly my brother. So do not worry, do not be scared of the posts here in the forum which mainly refer to EC or EVC.

In FTE the only possible delays are TAL or name check which is chance and is not that common.any positive experiences have come out of Delhi Consulate recently. INfact it is difficult to find negative outcomes for FTE in Delhi in last 3 months.

I got my H1 stamped on 11/23/11. I overhead the embassy staff comment that there were about 200-250 H1B's on that single day.

During that time I was there (about an hour) I did not see a single denial. However your attorney has heard about denials and is therefore warning you.

What is 'a lot of denials'? Is it 10 denials in a day out of 250 applicants? that would be a 4 % denial rate.

If you have a complete document set with no past problems and are an FTE at a known company then you do not have anything to worry about. However make your own mind up. If travel is not necessary, then your bias should be against travel.

Thanks all! I decided to cancel my appointment for now and travel sometime in January. In the mean time, I want to explore other alternatives. I am planning on getting the stamping done in Canada. Any insights into this will be really helpful. Thanks again for all your replies.

Archived