Please help: Wife does not meet minimum income requirements

All,

My wife is a US Citizen and she is trying to sponsor me but she currently does not make enough money/income to exceed the federal poverty line on her own. We discussed this with my wife's parents and they seem to be a little apprehensive when it comes to co sponsoring me. I have read in a few places that i can add my income to my wife's income(overall household income) as i have been living with her for 6 months.

Some background for you: I have been working in the US since 2005(OPT after MS) and H1B(2006) and my current H1B is expiring in Mid December 2012.

I have some questions:

We married in beginning of July 2011. It will be 6 months in a weeks time will it be sufficient to document that we were living together for 6 months or do i need to show some other paper work like electricity bill etc under the same address we are living under?

Should i use assets(cash) or my Income? I say this because if i show income my H1B will run out in Dec 2012. Will the USCIS argue that i cannot use it because there is only 1 yr left? In terms of Assets I believe that if we combine my savings we can comfortably passes the requirement of

"The minimum cash value of assets must be three times the difference between the sponsor’s household income and 125% of the federal poverty guide line for the household."

Should i also complete the Form I-864A? Or i just need to provide documentation to support my wife's form?

Please help me i unable to know what to do.

Archived