Another employer sponsoring the Green Card

Hello all,

I am working as a FT employee. I got this job just after finishing my Master's degree. I dont have any prior work experience.

Now, I asked my employer to start my GC process and they said, since I dont have prior work experience they can only file the GC in EB 3. Is that true?

I am an Indian and my current wait period for EB 3 is more than 11 years and I dont want to proceed in EB 3. ( is that a good move?)

1) Can another employer sponsor my GC in EB 2 while I am still working FT with the current employer?

2) Do you think I should just go on with EB 3 for now and if I find a new job then go for EB 2? Can I port the dates? Will there be any issues?

3)Getting sponsored with another employer - will that have any issues? Do anybody have this experience? Please share.

4) Or should I find a new job that can sponsor my GC in EB -2?

finally, any new laws that are going to be passed for applicants with advanced degree? (I heard few rumors like getting GC with ease. But I dont believe in it though).

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Robust

Hello all,

I am working as a FT employee. I got this job just after finishing my Master's degree. I dont have any prior work experience.

Now, I asked my employer to start my GC process and they said, since I dont have prior work experience they can only file the GC in EB 3. Is that true?

No.

For EB2, the job has to require at least a Masters degree, and the applicant has to have at least the required degree.

please consult a lawyer.

GC is for future employment so it is possible for a future employer to petition your GC.

EB category is based on job requirements and not your credentials only. it means that you can have an advanced degree (MS or PhD) but if the job only requires EB3 credentials, it cannot be classified as EB2.

you can port approved I-140 dates in the future.

Hello all,

I am an Indian and my current wait period for EB 3 is more than 11 years and I dont want to proceed in EB 3. ( is that a good move?)

1) Can another employer sponsor my GC in EB 2 while I am still working FT with the current employer?

2) Do you think I should just go on with EB 3 for now and if I find a new job then go for EB 2? Can I port the dates? Will there be any issues?

3)Getting sponsored with another employer - will that have any issues? Do anybody have this experience? Please share.

4) Or should I find a new job that can sponsor my GC in EB -2?

finally, any new laws that are going to be passed for applicants with advanced degree? (I heard few rumors like getting GC with ease. But I dont believe in it though).

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Robust

Archived