h1b renewal in Canada, 221g resolved after 5 weeks(Oct 21- Nov29)

bnemani

I attended the visa interview on 21 OCT 2011. I have Client- vendor1- vendor2 - employer set up.

The following are the questions asked during the interview:

Who is your employer?

Who is your end client?

Do you have any vendors between? Ans: yes 2. x and y.

How does that work?

How did the client recruit you through vendors?

I answered him these questions and he made a face which gave away what was coming. He said he need to do some inquiries about the whole stuff and given me 221g blue form checked for admin processing.

Now I came to montral and been there since then a hotel. My manager got a call from embassy 2 days after my interview and that was really comforting as I knew by then that they are really processing my info.

I sent them email in every 2 days for 6 weeks and I got 2 emails from them during this period which contained very generic information, "You are case is still being reviewed". On 28th Nov I got email from embassy saying i need to return to embassy to continue my visa processing. I went there on 29th and they said its approved and took my passport.

Now following are the few pointers I could give to anyone who are currently waiting for 221g processing:

1. Dont freak out. I know its frustrating as you are in dark without knowing what is happening with your visa processing. But you are not a guy standing in a death row waiting for mercy petition review by president. The worst that could happen is they will reject your visa. You can always start that dream business you have been thinking of in your tiny cubicle.

2. The more you go through forums and try to see what is happening with other people the more paranoid you get. Embassy only contacts you through email not through forms so better check your email everyday and leave it there than exhausting through immigration form links. You try to look what happened to other like you and get an idea about your situation and leave it there.

3. Don't be stingy. There are some beautiful places you must explore as a rule when you are in canada. Its not a bad idea to spend some of the dough you have been stashing for whatever time and whatever reason.

Ok, now as I got the visa its easy for me to tell you this stuff but seriously this is the best advise anyone could give you in case of admin processing. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived