Stamping in Quebec city

swetha415

• 2 weeks later...

I see several people seeking information on H1B renewal in Quebec City. I got my Visa renews day before yesterday with out ant challenges. here are some points I wish to share.

1) I got my appt. scheduled on 11/24 for 12/12. US Consulate in Quebec City only entertains appointments on Mondays and Thursdays

2) I flew into Quebec City, however if you are a NY/NJ resident i would recommend that you drive. its 8 hrs by road from NYC

3) I took the 130 pm appt. as I was told that you may need to wait longer if you had a morning appointment. But then I realized that they don't take more than 6 or 7 appoints within a time-slot. So it really doesn't matter what time you take.

4) There is NO need to reach there30 or 40 minutes ahead of time as they strongly discourage crowding in front of the Consulate. May ask you to take a walk to Starbucks nearby. So, be there just 10 min before the interview.

5) you can carry a bag for your document however, no form of electronic devises should be on you (cell phones, thumb drives etc)

6) Make sure to have your appointment confirmation (D-160) on you. if you dont, they will ask you to print and return with it.

7) As you enter, you will be called by teh token handed to you after security screening for document verification. After all documents are verified, you will be called by a Counsel Officer for teh Visa interview.

8) MY CASE: I had a change in organization. Hence I was asked the following questions.

Archived