Traveling to India in Dec...worried about visa stamping!!

rarora

We are in US since past 7 years and have gone for stamping on L1 visa(2007) and H1 visa(2007) and never faced any issues.

We are in 7th year H1 based on our I-140. We have to go to India for my sister's marriage. But my husband is worried about the stamping issues in India. My husband is direct employee for a one of the leading and famous hospital in Los angeles,CA. He works in the IT department of the hospital.

In past he has worked for well known employers like Infosys and Oracle.

Do you think we are safe to travel or we need to re-think on our travel plans because of the volume of 221g issued to H1b employees in India?

Thanks,

~ R Arora

there is no such thing called safe when going for Visa interview at US consulate...but nothing is more imprtant than family. as long as he has all the documentation he should mostly be fine, whatever happens will happen and will have to deal with it. I maynot have answered your question, but that's the way I look ai it.

Good scenario: you come, get stamped with no issues, attend the wedding and go back.

Not so good scenario: you come, attend the wedding, get stuck with 221g for god knows how long, deal with your frustrations and life and keep waiting till you are fed up.

Choice is yours. I sincerely hope you just get stamped but wanna make sure you are aware of the flip side as well. Its not easy dealing with visa delays while you have everything setup back in the US (assuming ur there since 7 yrs)

Archived