Reentry Permit Questions

Hello,

I am planning to apply Reentry Permit and have following questions:

1. Can 1 check be issued for filing fee and biometric fee? or seperate checks required?

2. Copy of Green Card enough for photo identification or should I also include 2 passport size photographs?

3. In the application under Part 3, Question 5, it asks if the Travel document should be sent to US address or US Embassy or Consulate. I am planning to request US Consulate in Hyderabad, India because I plan to travel end of February 2012 and I am not sure if i'll receive the reentry permit by then. In that case if I say Hyderabad US Consulate then it asks for address and should I give address of Hyderabad US Consulate address or my home address in Hyderabad.

Thanks.

One more question Joe. What are the list of documents required?

From USCIS website I basically determined it to be:

1. Copy of Green Card (front and back)

2. Copy of I-551 (front and back)

3. 2 passport size Photographs

4. $445 check ($360 filing fee, and $85 Biometric fee)

Do I need to send additional stuff like tax returns, bank statements etc to show that i'll be returning in the time period mentioned or those documents not required?

• 1 month later...

They need the address in your home country, because the consulate will send a letter to that address when the reentry permit is ready for pickup.

I have questions about the pickup at the consulate. What happens if you are unable to pickup the Re-entry permit at the consulate when they send a letter to your address in the home country? Does it need to be picked up within a certain time frame? Do I have to personally go there to pickup or anyone else on my behalf can pick it up?

I have questions about the pickup at the consulate. What happens if you are unable to pickup the Re-entry permit at the consulate when they send a letter to your address in the home country? Does it need to be picked up within a certain time frame? Do I have to personally go there to pickup or anyone else on my behalf can pick it up?

No specific time frame. But you need to pick it up yourself.

Archived