H1B Visa First Stamping @ Vancouver, Canada

itsmeraj001

This forum was very helpfull to me...So just wanted to share my VISA Interview Experience..if it would help people like me that would be great...

Today I have attended for a H1B Visa Stamping 28th November 28, 2011 10:00 AM @ Vancouver, Canada. Mine is EVC and First time H1B Stamping (F1-H1B) My Current H1 will be expired on September 30th 2012.

Here goes my experience: Was there at Consulate by 9:10 AM

1. Wait Time at the Entrance Line: Took 1 ½ Hr. (It was cold. Make sure you bring your jackets, gloves, and Ear cuffs)
  2. Went through security check they looked at my passport and DS 160 Confirmation Page: Took 2-3 minutes (NOTE: It is better not to carry your wallet, Electronics or anything in your pockets It might be little delayed if you have anything with you which cannot be carried, they have small locker at the entrance where you can put your belongings ONLY SMALL ITEMS like cell phone, wallet)
  3. Provide Passport, DS160 at counter on 1st floor, they gave me the Token Number and then went to 20th floor: Took 5 Minutes here
  4. On 20th Floor asked me to give my finger prints at Counter 3, With in few minutes I was called for interview at Counter 5: Took 2-3 Minutes here
  5. Below are the questions (Took 10-15 Minutes here)

ME: Good Morning, How are you?
VO: Good, How about you?
VO: Hmm…So you work for XXX Employer?
ME: Yes
VO: What is your employers business?
ME: IT Project Development and provide IT Professional Services.
VO: How long you have been working with them?
ME: XX Months
VO: What is your last name?
ME: Answered
VO: Ok, Do you directly work for your employer or End Client?
ME: I work directly for my Employer and Provide services to End Client YYY.
VO was typing something on his machine
VO: Have you been working at Client YYY all the time?
ME: YES
VO: How often do you communicate with your Employer and how?
ME: I submit Weekly status Report to my Employer with web Conference if needed. And we do have Quarterly and Half yearly Meetings.
VO: Did you do Masters is US?
VO: Which University?
ME: Answered. At This point he took my passport and I797 and out it in a basket behind him. Thought it was positive sign :)
He was going on typing on his Computer all the time…
VO Was trying close some windows I think. I believe he was having trouble in closing those windows on his computer…
VO: Please bear with me for few minutes my system is little slow
ME: No Problem. Take your time (At this point he was murmuring my employer’s name couple of times. I believe he was trying to search about my Employer)
I was standing silently for 5 minutes. Once the screen was opened. VO Started asking questions
VO: Do you know VBS client of your employer? (I didn’t even know what was that about? Thought he was looking at some client name from my Employers Information on his screen)
ME: Not sure what that is…
VO: He again asked it is not VBS…We Be Us it is (with his body language he explained)
ME: Not sure
VO: Did you work for any other company during this time?
ME: NO
VO: You are working for client YYY from beginning right?
VO: You work for full-time 40 Hours a week right?
VO: You are getting paid as per wages right?
VO: Ok your VISA is approved, you can collect you passport in 3 Business Days. Gave me some paper with passport tracking URL on it
ME: Thank you. You have a great day

That’s it guys so total time it took was about 2 hours…came out by 11:45 PM…No Documents asked. Only documents I took out were my Passport DS 160 Confirmation page which I took out at the time taking the Token...Over my entire interview went very cool with pretty straight forward questions.

We were 3 people attended interview today at 10:00 AM..all three got it approved..they will post there experience here shortly...

Hi Raj,

congrats...

Thanks alot for your post..

Its will be really helpfull for the future aspirants...

what is the success percentage in vacnouver i mean on your appointment day ,did you see anyone who got 221g or rejections....I have appointment scheduled on jan 26th...

Thanks alot

This forum was very helpfull to me...So just wanted to share my VISA Interview Experience..if it would help people like me that would be great...

Today I have attended for a H1B Visa Stamping 28th November 28, 2011 10:00 AM @ Vancouver, Canada. Mine is EVC and First time H1B Stamping (F1-H1B) My Current H1 will be expired on September 30th 2012.

Here goes my experience: Was there at Consulate by 9:10 AM

1. Wait Time at the Entrance Line: Took 1 ½ Hr. (It was cold. Make sure you bring your jackets, gloves, and Ear cuffs)
  2. Went through security check they looked at my passport and DS 160 Confirmation Page: Took 2-3 minutes (NOTE: It is better not to carry your wallet, Electronics or anything in your pockets It might be little delayed if you have anything with you which cannot be carried, they have small locker at the entrance where you can put your belongings ONLY SMALL ITEMS like cell phone, wallet)
  3. Provide Passport, DS160 at counter on 1st floor, they gave me the Token Number and then went to 20th floor: Took 5 Minutes here
  4. On 20th Floor asked me to give my finger prints at Counter 3, With in few minutes I was called for interview at Counter 5: Took 2-3 Minutes here
  5. Below are the questions (Took 10-15 Minutes here)

ME: Good Morning, How are you?
VO: Good, How about you?
VO: Hmm…So you work for XXX Employer?
ME: Yes
VO: What is your employers business?
ME: IT Project Development and provide IT Professional Services.
VO: How long you have been working with them?
ME: XX Months
VO: What is your last name?
ME: Answered
VO: Ok, Do you directly work for your employer or End Client?
ME: I work directly for my Employer and Provide services to End Client YYY.
VO: Have you been working at Client YYY all the time?
VO: How often do you communicate with your Employer and how?
ME: I submit Weekly status Report to my Employer with web Conference if needed. And we do have Quarterly and Half yearly Meetings.
VO: Did you do Masters is US?
VO: Which University?
ME: Answered. At This point he took my passport and I797 and out it in a basket behind him. Thought it was positive sign :)
He was going on typing on his Computer all the time…
VO Was trying close some windows I think. I believe he was having trouble in closing those windows on his computer…
VO: Please bear with me for few minutes my system is little slow
ME: No Problem. Take your time (At this point he was murmuring my employer’s name couple of times. I believe he was trying to search about my Employer)
I was standing silently for 5 minutes. Once the screen was opened. VO Started asking questions
VO: Do you know VBS client of your employer? (I didn’t even know what was that about? Thought he was looking at some client name from my Employers Information on his screen)
ME: Not sure what that is…
VO: He again asked it is not VBS…We Be Us it is (with his body language he explained)
ME: Not sure
VO: Did you work for any other company during this time?
ME: NO
VO: You are working for client YYY from beginning right?
VO: You work for full-time 40 Hours a week right?
VO: You are getting paid as per wages right?
VO: Ok your VISA is approved, you can collect you passport in 3 Business Days. Gave me some paper with passport tracking URL on it
ME: Thank you. You have a great day

That’s it guys so total time it took was about 2 hours…came out by 11:45 PM…No Documents asked. Only documents I took out were my Passport DS 160 Confirmation page which I took out at the time taking the Token...Over my entire interview went very cool with pretty straight forward questions.

We were 3 people attended interview today at 10:00 AM..all three got it approved..they will post there experience here shortly...

hey

Hi Raj,

congrats...

Thanks alot for your post..

Its will be really helpfull for the future aspirants...

what is the success percentage in vacnouver i mean on your appointment day ,did you see anyone who got 221g or rejections....I have appointment scheduled on jan 26th...

Thanks alot

i think we three were the only people went for H1b... all three got it approved...100% Success i have never seen any 221g at least from past few months

Hi itsmeraj,

Congragulations and Thank you for posting your experience. I am going on Jan 9th @ Vancouver as well and preparing docs with employer under EC model. Can you please do me a favor and tell me what all documents did you request from your employer? I would really appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks,

K

Archived