Visa Stamping after H1b Transfer

natasha.m

Hi,

My husband and me got our H1b & H4 visa stamping done 6 months back and it is valid till mid 2013. He recently changed his job and we were unsure if we needed to get new stamping done reflecting the info of the new employer. I did read today on murthy that this process is not necessary and that we can exit and return to the US with the current valid visa stamping and new I-797. I had also read the same while researching forums on the topic a few months back. But i dont seem to recall what the name of the document was. If anyone who knows the same and could let me know it would be great.

Hi,

My husband and me got our H1b & H4 visa stamping done 6 months back and it is valid till mid 2013. He recently changed his job and we were unsure if we needed to get new stamping done reflecting the info of the new employer. I did read today on murthy that this process is not necessary and that we can exit and return to the US with the current valid visa stamping and new I-797. I had also read the same while researching forums on the topic a few months back. But i dont seem to recall what the name of the document was. If anyone who knows the same and could let me know it would be great.

Hi Natasha,

I have done something similar and traveled back and forth to India when I had Visa stamped from another company and working for another employer. At this time, I would sincerely advice not to think to change the visa stamp as there are many cases where people are stuck in India who came for Visa stamping.

I hope this helps.

Thanks a ton for all your replies.

@imoh786: Were you by any chance asked further questions when you submitted your new I-797?

@ Kingvijay: Just out of curiosity and for my own record could you please send me the link for AC21 where it states the part where new visa is not required. I cannot find it and may be looking at the wrong document.

Archived