L1-B blanket approved but under 221(g) - processing times?

amohan02

Hi,

My wife and I attended the L-1B/L-2 visa interview at the Chennai consulate. The VO told me that my L1 visa is approved - but subsequently told me that the case needs to go through administrative processing. I was later handed a pink 221(g) form by another officer with a request for additional information.

Questions:

- Is the visa actually approved in this case? I even asked the second officer if the visa is approved. She said yes, but we require additional administrative processing that may take 6-8 weeks.

- What are typical processing times in such cases? I've sent email responses to the questionnaire today.

I see my case as fairly straightforward (but I guess everyone does). I have about 9 years development experience including 3 in the current company (mid-size software product firm). Am transferring to the US headquarters. What are the reasons for putting cases through 221(g)?

Thanks,

Mohan

First thing, I am not an attorney. Just sharing you the incidence happened with my colleagues. This is happening a lot these days. They say administrative processing and delay the process by holding your passport.

One of my colleague received his passport recently, his passport was held almost for a year. Ofcourse his visa was approved and another one got his passport in 3 months even that was approved.

- Nawaz

Archived