221g in Tijuana

karthikbht

Hi Friends,

I had my H1B renewal interview yesterday Nov 22 and the Officer told me they needed additional information on my case details and gave me the white 221g form stating "When the administrative processing is completed, we will contact you". When I asked him if there was anything I could do at my end, he said no, "We are missing some case details and we need to get it before we can continue with your interview, we will call you tomorrow morning back for an interview and we can take it from there".

The only document the VO retained is my Offer Letter and he returned all the other documents back.

So here are my questions:

1. How long does this generally take before they get back to me?

2. Have there been instances where they have responded the next day itself?

3. Is there anything I can do to make sure things go smoothly?

4. What are my options, how long do you think I should extend my stay?

Thanks a ton for your help guys. I am stuck in Tijuana, and am a little anxious about how long this might take.

In your case, they will contact your employer to see whether you are really an employee or not. So, contact your HR dept and give them a heads up. Request them to reply as soon as they can. As for how long, nothing is written on stone. It could be immediately after they get whatever they want to find. Or it may take 2-3 business days. Good Luck.

No, no phone call yet. In my case my employer is the sub-contractor, there is a vendor in between my employer and the client. The Visa Officer asked about the client and the employer and held back the Employment Offer letter which has my employer contact information. So I am not sure if he wants to contact my employer only or even the client.

But the bottomline is, I am stuck in Tijuana. Is there anyway I can expedite things at all? Or I just give up everything and wait?

Thanks guys!

Karthik

Archived