Unable to choose Date - Weird problem

MiGJai

Hello Forum'ers,

I am trying to book a December Date for Mumbai consulate ( DS-160 filled in, HDFC receipt ready etc ).

I went to the URL: https://www.vfs-usa....egularUser.aspx

and started to Schedule an Appointment.

I subsequently filled in all the information needed, including State of Residence, Visa Fee Receipt Details, Petition Details and Courier Information.

I was shown a Blue Dart 'HAL' on the one of the pages , but somehow it was inactive and I was unable to modify it. I was then shown the 'Group' option, in which my own details were shown and a checkbox was shown as well. I did not check the checkbox, but clicked on Continue to submit / schedule interview. ( Should anything have been done here, even though I just want to schedule for myself ? )

Anyways, I was able to proceed forward to the stage where I could see the available dates with a green background, and underline ( / clickable ) and the 5 minute timer started. I went ahead and picked the date of my choice, and a dialog appeared which showed - "You have chosen a date of 30 November for the Mumbai consulate. Press OK to confirm, and Cancel to ....". I then chose OK. After that, nothing happens, the same Calendar Picker Page shows up, but I had expected to see a Confirm button at the bottom. Instead, all I see is an Exit button. 5 minutes later, the form expires and I am back to the initial Page. :-(

I have tried this process multiple times with these browsers: IE8, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, but I get stuck each time at this stage. Is there something that I am doing wrong / incredibly stupid ?

Please advise. Any help is appreciated.

Mine is very weird thing. I am trying to book appointment in chennai. but, i got the confirmation message with appointment in mumbai consulate . The confirmation letter says the same thing. When i selected the date it poped up message with selected date in chennai. After that, confirmation message generated with different consulate. In this case, what can i do? Please, advise.

Archived