Second time visa interview after 221g

H1b_June

Hi All,

First time H1B visa interview consulate loaction - Hyderabad (got 221g yellow - still undergoing admin processing)

Can I choose different consulate location(Ex:Chennai) for my second visa interview or is it mandatory to attend first interview loaction(Hyd).

Thanks in advance and appreciate your suggestions!!

Hi Please look at the below reply from vfs Hyd , now i wrote them what should we mention on the DS-160 about the case if we withdraw .

*******************************************************************************************************************

Dear Mr. Rao,

Thank you for writing to us,

Kindly note the applicants are required to withdraw their existing case first after that they may apply as per the new employer with the new valid petition accordingly.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXXX

U.S VFS Helpdesk Team-Hyderabad

Hello,

My H1B petition is amendment of the existing petition(I haven't changed my employer), in this case I dont think I need to withdraw the existing case..not sure though..please correct if I am wrong.

and related to visa interview location, is there a chance if I can book the slot other than hyderabad(as mentioned above first interview was at Hyderabad and got 221g),and its been 6 months now I have been in India (so do I need to book as per last 6 months place of residence),

Archived