Rejecting the job after getting green card

dhanume

Hi All,

I am a new user when posting here, but I've used your site many time for information before.

I have a very unique situation, hopefully someone can help me clear things out.

This is my deal;

I was wroking for Company A, my green card was processed by company B as a future employee.

During the process I got a job at company C with an exceptional offer.

Company C will continue to process my green card, but their job offer was almost $50 k less than what I am making at company C.

I know once I get the green card I should join company B, but I am not willing to take a $50K pay cut.

How do I get out of this? If i reject the company B offer on the grounds of pay will I have any issues with USCIS?

Just to be clear, I wasnt planning to use company B for my green card, but at the end money matters.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

You may change your green card sponsor under AC21 portability if I-485 has been pending for over 180 days. If you are not eligible for AC21 portability, you may ask your current employer to start a new LC/I-140 case for you.

Yes, I could do that if my I-485 goes for more than 6 months. I am applying EB2 as a rest of the world, so not sure how long it would actually take.

If i ask my current employer, do I have to go through the whole process? Including PERM and news paper adv, etc?

Archived