Green Card Labor Filed in One location..currently living in different location..

bbojjawar

Hello All: I have my applied my Green Card LCA (Labor Condition Application) application from Salem, OR but currently i am located in Columbus, OH... My lawyer is saying for filing I-485 i need to move back to salem for a period of 6 months or so until i get my Green Card since my company is filed by Green Card Labor from Salem . .... I talked to couple of my frnds and they are saying it does not matter where you live currently.... I am not 100% sure how to convince my Lawyer... Pl suggest/ Help me...Its very very difficult to move from one place to another with Family...

Many Thanks

BB

Generally, unless an individual qualifies for AC21 I-140 portability, it is expected/required that the Beneficiary of an approved I-140 be in the position as described in the underlying PERM application/I-140 petition after the green card is approved. Thus it is not required to be in the proffered position before green card approval. If you have additional questions, please contact a U.S. immigration attorney with experience in such matters.

Archived