3012 impact

rani1876

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you are. In total, it makes no impact on EB3. The same number of visas will be given. It makes the wait shorter for EB3 India/China, and longer for EB3 ROW.

You haven't seen pain, stress and issues EB3-India going through all these years. What is better? waiting 70 years or 6 years?

You and JoeF have absolutely no knowledge at all. You'll have no remedy for this broken system. Just biased opinion.

Aah...so can I expect 2009 to be cleared out in 2012 for EB2I??

No, not really.

It will make the wait for India/China a little bit shorter, and the wait for ROW longer. But the numbers thrown around are wildly optimistic and not based on any reliable data.

You haven't seen pain, stress and issues EB3-India going through all these years. What is better? waiting 70 years or 6 years?

You and JoeF have absolutely no knowledge at all.

LOL.

It is you who claims things without any basis in reality.

Some data you pull out of thin air... I understand that such fake data was necessary to drum up donations for the lobbying efforts. The backlash will come when people realize that they have been taken for a ride by the likes of IV.

You'll have no remedy for this broken system. Just biased opinion.

You obviously speak about yourself here. Deception is your name...

Question to Belle:

If unused visa numbers from other countries go to India and China anyway, how do you say that this bill makes the wait shorter for EB3 India/China, and longer for EB3 ROW? Can you please explain ? Thanks a lot.

The difference is that with this bill, numbers that would otherwise be used for ROW would be taken away from them and given to India/China. That's why things will be worse for ROW. Since these numbers are not all that big, though, the impact on the wait times for India/China will be very limited.

For example, if there are 100K applications for India/China waiting, giving 10K to them just reduces the count to 90K, a 10% decrease. But the ROW count goes up from, e.g., 5K to 15K, which would be a 200% increase.

Please explain where did you get the 2005 and 2010 dates from?

He made them up.

Let me try to give some input when bill becomes law:

140,000 visas are divided as follows:

EB1 40,000

EB2 40,000

EB3 40,000

EB4 10,000

EB5 10,000

Distribution of these visas is as follows:

85% of 40,000 = 34,000 which is available to most retrogressed country (FIFO concept and not LIFO as it applied today). Based on Employment Pending Inventory October 2011, there are about 34,000 visas pending as of 3/1/2005 in EB3. Once this rule is in place, almost 2 years of backlog inventory will be cleared. Unfortunately, my PD is December 2005, I will have wait another 6 months. Sometimes, June 2012, I will be getting green card.

Same rule applies to EB2. I don't have time. Do the math....

Please let me know if my math is wrong.

How do you come with these numbers PernalGuy ? You are frustrated to the point of being delusional and wildly optimistic. Anyways all this talk about redistributing from one category and giving it to another category.....can someone explian how it would work? If the limit of 2800 hundred visas for EB3-I is removed that means we have just one big EB3 category without anything like EB3 India, or EB3 China or EB3 Mexico. In that case would some one like me from EB3-India with a PD of March 2003 get his application processed before EB3-Mexico though Mexico's cutoff date is ahead of India's. In short would anything trickle into EB3 India to make it move atleast a little faster ?

EB1 40,000

EB2 40,000

EB3 40,000

EB4 10,000

EB5 10,000

85% of 40,000 = 34,000 which is available to most retrogressed country (FIFO concept and not LIFO as it applied today). Based on Employment Pending Inventory October 2011, there are about 34,000 visas pending as of 3/1/2005 in EB3. Once this rule is in place, almost 2 years of backlog inventory will be cleared. Unfortunately, my PD is December 2005, I will have wait another 6 months. Sometimes, June 2012, I will be getting green card.

I think there is still a limitation of no more than 70% goes to any one country and also keeps some percentatge reserved for the ROW. So in nut shell I beleive noe more than 31,000 will go to an one country. Second If I am not mistaken the pending inventory is only about the primary applicant and does not count the dependents (WIfe+CHildren) So if that is true than 31000 dilutes further down. ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_104716', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_104716', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '104716' }, parseInt('0') );

Not being sarchastic but that was my question earlier

EB1 40,000

EB2 40,000

EB3 40,000

EB4 10,000

EB5 10,000

What are you smokin?

Seriously, are you expecting more than 3 years of EB3-I movement in just 6 months?

Wake up, Pernalguy, its been a nice dream and now, come to reality.

How do you come with these numbers PernalGuy ? You are frustrated to the point of being delusional and wildly optimistic. Anyways all this talk about redistributing from one category and giving it to another category.....can someone explian how it would work? If the limit of 2800 hundred visas for EB3-I is removed that means we have just one big EB3 category without anything like EB3 India, or EB3 China or EB3 Mexico. In that case would some one like me from EB3-India with a PD of March 2003 get his application processed before EB3-Mexico though Mexico's cutoff date is ahead of India's. In short would anything trickle into EB3 India to make it move atleast a little faster ?

There will be one category for EB2 and EB3. Yes, I am frustrated because nobody wants to talk about EB3-India even attorney's. IV has done a good job and I have contributed to this cause. You know I am doing Masters and yet I am raising my voice for EB3. Tell me how many people here discuss EB3?

Macho1, Belle, JoeF, no offense intended but do you guys have hard facts and real data to prove pernalGuy is wrong? If yes, then you guys are correct else you guys are also wrong (in categorically saying he is wrong) for the same reason: creating facts out of thin air. What you could have said is we cannot be certain that he is right. Each person is this world is entitled to wish and work for his/her own benefit. HR3012 will reduce wait times for some people from India in EB3 too. Instead of making it worse for ROW, I would prefer to say that it would make it more equitable

Macho1, Belle, JoeF, no offense intended but do you guys have hard facts and real data to prove pernalGuy is wrong? If yes, then you guys are correct else you guys are also wrong (in categorically saying he is wrong) for the same reason: creating facts out of thin air. What you could have said is we cannot be certain that he is right. Each person is this world is entitled to wish and work for his/her own benefit. HR3012 will reduce wait times for some people from India in EB3 too. Instead of making it worse for ROW, I would prefer to say that it would make it more equitable

With all due respect, I didn't noticed any solid facts from pernalGuy. No links, no documents. He just took numbers from sky and posted them here. So tell me, why is he right?

I've noticed many other Indian guys who are excited about hr3012, are also throwing random numbers to people without any kind of facts or anything. They just keep saying "yeahhh we are all getting our visas tomorrow". It's ridiculous.

Macho1, Belle, JoeF, no offense intended but do you guys have hard facts and real data to prove pernalGuy is wrong?

The fact is that nobody, not even inside USCIS and DOS, knows the development of the PDs in the future.

Anybody from the outside claiming to know what the PD will be a couple months from now is delusional, plain and simple.

There will be one category for EB2 and EB3.

And? That does not answer the question. You made up these PDs, out of thin air.

You not answering the question shows that you (or IV) made the numbers up, probably to get people to donate to IV.

Nobody outside of USCIS and DOS can know the development of the quotas, and even within USCIS and DOS they don't know it that far in advance.

It is fairly obvious what the result of this bill would be and why people in certain groups are either opposed or in favor of it.

This is really just a "Robin Hood" solution to the current backlog problem. This does not solve the overall backlog problem. It merely takes from one to give to the other. Those in ROW will suffer and those in the country specific categories will benefit. It is understandable the frustration on both sides it is just unfortunate that these are the types of nonsensical solutions that governments typically come up with.

I think it is somewhat unfair to change the rules now and penalize those in ROW. Those in country specific categories knew the rules before they started down the immigration road. It is similar to people that build a house near an airport and then as that airport starts to grow and expand they start complaining about the noise and traffic. Well... the airport was there before you built your house so you should have had the commonsense to know it would eventually expand - you either knew and accepted what you were getting into or were ignorant to the issues.

I found a link that estimates the movement based on the pending inventory.

http://*********************.html

Based on the calculations at this website the PDs are as follows.

EB2 22-JUN-08

EB3 15-DEC-04

I found a link that estimates the movement based on the pending inventory.

http://*********************.html

Based on the calculations at this website the PDs are as follows.

EB2 22-JUN-08

EB3 15-DEC-04

Here we go again. You can't even put a correct URL. So, my predictions are challenged. Go figure!

It is fairly obvious what the result of this bill would be and why people in certain groups are either opposed or in favor of it.

This is really just a "Robin Hood" solution to the current backlog problem. This does not solve the overall backlog problem. It merely takes from one to give to the other. Those in ROW will suffer and those in the country specific categories will benefit. It is understandable the frustration on both sides it is just unfortunate that these are the types of nonsensical solutions that governments typically come up with.

Well, in this case, it was basically lobbied for by an organization (IV) that started out as representing all immigrants but has by now unfortunately been taken over by a specific group of people who don't care about anybody but themselves, who in particular do not care about ROW.

Sad that they participate and take pride in dividing the immigrant community.

Archived