Photocopies or Original of Documents ?

USADreams

My employer is not ready to provide me any original documents which belongs to him(I-797C , I-797A , I-129 ,LCA , etc.) . Acording to him those documents belong to employer so I cant carry original documents . If I carry photocopies will there be any issues ? On a side note I am a full time employee.

Thanks for your help .

The bottom part of the H1 approval notice has to be given to the employee. It also has the I-94 at the bottom, and the law requires that you have the I-94 with you at all times while in the US. You have to surrender that I-94 when you travel abroad.

For the rest, copies are fine. In fact, the employer is also required to give you a copy of the LCA as soon as you start working for the employer.

@Joef ,

Can you please respond and confirm again if I carry the Remaining documents ( I129,LCA ...) just a photocopy should be fine for the Interview ? I dont have much time now and my employer had just send me 1797 original document .

Please do share your suggestions and tell me if they are any other documents I have to carry ?

Thanks ,

Vidya ...

Archived