H1B stamping in tijuana mexico

gphanis

Hi All,

I want to know if its a good idea to go to mexico for my visa stamping. Here is my situation

Came to US in 2005 on F1

converted to H1 in 2007 got visa stamping in India in 2009

Applied for visa extension got approved for 3 years until 2014. Am working for the same client(california state) from past 3 years.

So can anyone suggest me what would be a better option either go to india or mexico for visa stamping.

Thanks in advance

Not a good idea. Not that people are not getting visas here but if by chance there is any delay or problems..221gs or rejection it will be a huge problem. Reasons :

1. airtickets from mexico to india are 3k-4k one way. (You might see cheaper ones on expedia etc but you cant board those as you cant fly on planes having connections in us/uk. In canada you might not have this problem

2. food ,language is a big problem..ok for short term but again if something goes wrong ure stuck..

Again its luck..people would get it some would not...conditions would be different..for everyone ..but if ure coming have a back up plan which I didnt have and im stuck here...( Im on EC model ..client state dept..had all documents....and finally a 221g)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am Ramesh went to tijuana,mexico for h1 stampping on12th Dec,2011.

Who ever have middle layers better to avoid to appear for h1 visa stampping in Tijuana,Mexico.

If you still want to go:

1.Please carry a valid mexican visa who ever going to mexico for h1 visa stampping.

Now a days most of the people getting 221g query.so prepare your self ready to stay in tijuana,mexico. To get it to resolve the query.May be it could take more than 30days also.

Expenses:

Per day hotel rent : $65

Hotel Name : Real de jo, back side of US consulate.

If US visa get rejected,you have to prepare to leave the mexican country by sparing the 2500$-3000$ per ticket from mexico to india through china not through the european countries,since by that time you did n't have valid h1 visa.

Thanks,

Ramesh Yakkala.

Archived