H1b visa stamping and education institute

abalde2

Hi,

I am going for H1B visa stamping first time. I have a MS from a reputed univ. (top 50 as per most ranking systems). After graduation, I did not have job so after some time I enrolled in one of the universities coming under lot of flak now for alleged visa abuses. After an year in that univ. and working on CPT(genuine work and not in 7/11 etc.), I got a full time job in a decent company, in my field of study and got H1B approved.

Now, I am going for visa stamping after working about an year. Should I mention that allegedly sham university in my DS 160 as previous education institute? Note that I did not finish my degree from it and already had a masters from a reputed univ. before joining it.

Regards.

Was that CPT within commuting range of the institution? Did you attend classes in person as required by the law?

If not, you may have been out of status, and that can of course result in lots of problems.

While you don't have to volunteer information, you have to answer truthfully when asked.

If the institution is one of the ones that got raided, they have the enrollment data of course, so your name is likely to be red-flagged.

Archived