Is H1B amendment required with a new LCA ??

sree.universal

Hi,

Have filed my H1B with a Employer 'X' with the client letter stating that I work for the same Client 'X'(It is my first H1B and I was on F1 Visa before that).

Later after few months as I got another project with a Different client 'Y', have moved to a different state and my Employer 'X' filed a new LCA .

Now,I'm planning to go to CANADA to get my stamping done and my client 'Y' is ready to provide with the client letter.

But, my question here is , Do I really have to go for H1B amendment as I have relocated and changed my LCA ??

Really not sure if I have to go for it as H1B amendment is completely like a new H1B filing.

Help Please!!

Hi,

Have filed my H1B with a Employer 'X' with the client letter stating that I work for the same Client 'X'(It is my first H1B and I was on F1 Visa before that).

Later after few months as I got another project with a Different client 'Y', have moved to a different state and my Employer 'X' filed a new LCA .

Now,I'm planning to go to CANADA to get my stamping done and my client 'Y' is ready to provide with the client letter.

But, my question here is , Do I really have to go for H1B amendment as I have relocated and changed my LCA ??

Really not sure if I have to go for it as H1B amendment is completely like a new H1B filing.

Help Please!!

If there is any materialistic Change or Location Change in your employment you have to Update your LCA and Amend you H1 with the Current location in which you are working if the Location comes under different Geographic Location[i.e., different State, Place, Or Address]

Hi,

Help Please!!

H1B Ammendment the process of Reviewing your H1B Ammendment is same as the process for New H1B Application...the only difference is with the Application Fee and Selecting a Ammendment Option in H1B Application in I129 Form...

Hi,

I had the same situation as yours and was recommended a H1B Amendment. If you have a change of work location you need an amendment, as recently I have read posts from people that stamping was denied with reason stating different location mentioned in LCA and I-129.

H1B Amendment procedure is same as new H1B filing except that applying fee is less. You can do premium processing and its a 15 calendar day process. I got my petition amended in Aug 2011 due to similar situation as yours. Hope this helps. All the best!

Archived