ottawa consulate questions

rcgaru

i have 3 questions before attending the interview.

1) i cancelled my appointments before with ottawa canada visa office. is this a problem.....?

2) my company process BEP (Business executive processing), but i need to attend in india for this, where will be the better place to go canada or india.

3) can visa officer can ask why am i attending in canada but not in india.. if so what can i answer him..?

please advice guys.

have a good weekend.

Thank you

I cannot answer question (2), but having gone to Ottawa multiple times for H-1B stamping I can possibly answer the other questions.

1. I do not think canceling appointment previously will create a big problem. However, on my last visit to Ottawa, they asked me to fill out DS-160 again due to some problems with their system. They gave me the address of two nearby cyber cafes where I could go and complete DS-160 online and bring the printout back to the embassy for interview. This did not cause a delay in visa etamping or return of the passport.

3. I wasn't asked this question on my last visit, but on a previous visit to Ottawa. My answer was that it was very difficult to get an appointment in India and I may need to travel abroad before then. Therefore, I opted to get my visa stamped from Canada. The answer seemed to satisfy the Visa Officer.

I cannot answer question (2), but having gone to Ottawa multiple times for H-1B stamping I can possibly answer the other questions.

1. I do not think canceling appointment previously will create a big problem. However, on my last visit to Ottawa, they asked me to fill out DS-160 again due to some problems with their system. They gave me the address of two nearby cyber cafes where I could go and complete DS-160 online and bring the printout back to the embassy for interview. This did not cause a delay in visa etamping or return of the passport.

3. I wasn't asked this question on my last visit, but on a previous visit to Ottawa. My answer was that it was very difficult to get an appointment in India and I may need to travel abroad before then. Therefore, I opted to get my visa stamped from Canada. The answer seemed to satisfy the Visa Officer.

Thank you for reply.

Archived