Planning to go for H1B Visa Interview for the first time

venkat02

Hi All,

I got my H1B approved very recently after lot of struggle( In my Case i got rejection for 1st time and second petition still on RFE and i applied for 3rd time with a new employer). I got my H1B with new employer as my employer filed petition as in-house project.

1. Is this a problem in getting visa, if i applied for H1 through multiple employers and if one of the case is still on RFE?

2. As a first time H1B Visa applicant, should i go only to India or can i attend Canada or Mexico Consulates?

3. Currently i'm working at client location and i'm planning to attend for VISA , is this is the good option to go to VISA as telling the VO that i'm working on an in-house project.

4. Please any one of you can help in knowing what kind of documents i need to carry for my VISA(what should i carry to support my self that i'm working on In-House project)

5. Can anyone of you please share the maximum Interview questions, so that it would be helpful for every one.

6. Finally, if i can go for canada or mexico consulates can i know which consulate would be better for me

I need all your help in this regards and i promise i will also provide all kind of answer you guys are looking for after my interview

Honest advice - Don't travel if you don't have to. Do some reading on Murthy forum and you will get an idea of the stamping issues of late. I'm telling you this based on my experience. Wait till you become a FTE and then your chances of Visa would be brighter.

If you absolutely have to travel - Good luck!

Archived