I-140 With 3 years bachelors and 3 years MCA EB2

sasu

Hi

My Labor got approved recently. I have to file i-140.

I have completed

3 years (BSC in computers)

Started working in IT + Enrolled for MCA but actual classes started next year ( I dont have document which says enrolled on so and so day)

3 years MCA Parttime (IGNOU) --> This I have completed in 4 years.

Now I have about 12 years of IT experience and my job description for labor says Bachelors + 5 years of progressive exp.

I am eligible for EB2? My attorney says you have only 15 years of continues education which is not counted as bachelors in USA and hence you are not eligible for EB2. My educational evaluation clearly says that my BSC + MCA is equalent to Masters In USA.

Please help!

A BS equivalent might be possible with the right evaluation of the BS and Indira Gandhi National Open University degree. These days it would also be necessary to show that admission to the degree program completed at IGNOU was based on the BS degree previously earned. Careful advice, analysis and preparation by an experienced immigration lawyer is important too.

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

In may Labor application in the eduction part My attorney select Masters for "Heighest level achieved relevent to the requested operation" . My labor got approved in 10 weeks without any question.

Does educational evaluation matters by who did that? Mine was based on some maryland based company and my attoney agreed to file my i-140 in EB2 by reviewing my exeprience and documents again but they aslo said that I need to get my Educational evaluation again. I work full time and my attorney's firm is very big and most popular in USA. They said my new Educational evaludation should provide "a basis for strong single source equivalence to a Master's here in USA". I did not completely understand what that mean and also they gave some Evaluation vendor saying "Getting a second Educational evalution from that vendor will improve chances for the approval of I-140" and also they said the third party vendor who they recomemded is preferred by USICS.

Please advise.

Thanks longwait4c

4. Education: minimum level required: Bachelor's

5. Is training required in the job opportunity? NO

6. Is experience in the job offered required for the job? NO

7. Is there an alternate field of study that is acceptable? NO

8. Is there an alternate combination of education and experience that is acceptable? NO

9. Is a foreign educational equivalent acceptable? YES

10. Is experience in an alternate occupation acceptable? YES

10-A. If Yes, number of months experience in alternate occupation required: 60Months

10-B. Identify the job title of the acceptable alternate occupation: All my previous experience titles.

Addtional comments on education:

H.9: Some thing like we will accept the education evaluated by any professional US evaluation sevices.

Required Bachelors + 5 years post baraculate experience in <all my skill set goes here>

Basically my advertisement says, Need a person who completed Bachelors degree and having 5 years of progressive experience after Bachelors.

)

I have completed Bachelors (Bsc computers) in April 2000 and started working in IT and Masters in June 2005. Part of my Masters (MCA) after successful completion of 1 year IGNOU will give PGDCA and after completion of 2 nd year they issue ADCA (Advanced diploma) both I got in June 2004. And the eligibility criteria for MCA is 3 years bachelors with at least mathematics.

I have joined my current employer in April 2010.

Here are my question

1. let us say educational evaluation says my education is equal-lent to Masters in US --> Then how may years of experience of experience after June 2005 to file under EB2 (Job advertisement is bachelors + 5 years not masters)

2. Let us say my educational evaluation says my education is equal-lent to 1 YEAR Masters in USA --> How many years I need after june 2005.

3. Let us say my educational evaluation says my education is equal-lent to bachelors in USA --> How many years I need after June 2005? Is experience I have gained April 2000 will be considered or I need to have 5 years after June 2005 ( In my case I have 2 or 3 months less June 2005 to March 2010 ).

Please help!

Here are my question

1. let us say educational evaluation says my education is equal-lent to Masters in US --> Then how may years of experience of experience after June 2005 to file under EB2 (Job advertisement is bachelors + 5 years not masters)- my openion only,here Job needs no Masters Degree,so, this evaluation may not help for EB2-

2. Let us say my educational evaluation says my education is equal-lent to 1 YEAR Masters in USA --> How many years I need after june 2005. my openion only, May not fit EB2 because you have no Signle source 4 year degree

3. Let us say my educational evaluation says my education is equal-lent to bachelors in USA --> How many years I need after June 2005? Is experience I have gained April 2000 will be considered or I need to have 5 years after June 2005 ( In my case I have 2 or 3 months less June 2005 to March 2010 ). my openion only, May not fit EB2 because you have no Signle source 4 year degree.

Overall it is tough for EB2 but, who knows, experience attorneys like murthy firm can match job requirements and qualifications with good interpretation. You MUST consult attorney for sure!

I am not an attorney and this just my openion only.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

My i-140 EB2 approved yesterday after RFE. Here is the breif about how I have proceeded.

1. I-140 have been applied in PP Texas service center in december 2011 firstweek

2. While filing got educational evaluation from AACRAO which compares my MCA equallent to Masters in USA.

3. Attorny forgot to add my educational transcripts(Marks memo's, BSC provisional certificate etc..) They just attached my MCA and BSC original digree copies.

4. After 15 days got RFE asking to provide above said documents

5. Attorney responded to RFE with new educational evaluation from silver gate evaluations with more verbase saying my BSc+MCA is equallent to 4 years bachelors digree + 2 years masters digree. They evaluated my 3 years of BSC equallent to 3 years course work towards bachelors in USA and my first year of MCA education + 3 years Bsc equallent to USA Bachelors and remaining 2 years in MCA is equallent to Masters in USA. Verbase clearly explains how my education was equated to Masters in USA.

6. After sending express mail to USCIS answering RFE case status updated online saying evidence received and after a week Case status move to post decession activity saying approved.

I am relaxed now. Thanks everybody for their helpful inputs.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

My i-140 EB2 approved yesterday after RFE. Here is the breif about how I have proceeded.

1. I-140 have been applied in PP Texas service center in december 2011 firstweek

2. While filing got educational evaluation from AACRAO which compares my MCA equallent to Masters in USA.

3. Attorny forgot to add my educational transcripts(Marks memo's, BSC provisional certificate etc..) They just attached my MCA and BSC original digree copies.

4. After 15 days got RFE asking to provide above said documents

5. Attorney responded to RFE with new educational evaluation from silver gate evaluations with more verbase saying my BSc+MCA is equallent to 4 years bachelors digree + 2 years masters digree. They evaluated my 3 years of BSC equallent to 3 years course work towards bachelors in USA and my first year of MCA education + 3 years Bsc equallent to USA Bachelors and remaining 2 years in MCA is equallent to Masters in USA. Verbase clearly explains how my education was equated to Masters in USA.

6. After sending express mail to USCIS answering RFE case status updated online saying evidence received and after a week Case status move to post decession activity saying approved.

I am relaxed now. Thanks everybody for their helpful inputs.

Congrats!! Sasu

Is the preferred evaluator of USCIS is AACRAO(basic or Course by Course) or ********** ( Detailed)? which one is more preferred and detailed from your experience. Your inputs are critical to me as I am trying get my B.com and MBA evaluated, but from the best in breed, because historically 3yrs degree has always seen as centre of controversy at USCIS.

Appreciate your help in this regard.

Congrats!! Sasu

Is the preferred evaluator of USCIS is AACRAO(basic or Course by Course) or ********** ( Detailed)? which one is more preferred and detailed from your experience. Your inputs are critical to me as I am trying get my B.com and MBA evaluated, but from the best in breed, because historically 3yrs degree has always seen as centre of controversy at USCIS.

Appreciate your help in this regard.

You can go for Basic evaluation from AACRAO. In my case we got Evaluations from AACRAO and **************. ********* compared my Bsc + 1 year of IGNOU MCA = Bachelors in USA and remaining 2 years of MCA is equal to Masters in USA. Here getting evaluation with proper wording is very important and also dont forget to include your B.Com, and MBA transcripts with I-140 application. In my case B.sc MCA gave me advantage but not sure how evaluation companies will evaluate B.Com and MBA. Please feel free to ask if you need more information.

You can go for Basic evaluation from AACRAO. In my case we got Evaluations from AACRAO and **************. ********* compared my Bsc + 1 year of IGNOU MCA = Bachelors in USA and remaining 2 years of MCA is equal to Masters in USA. Here getting evaluation with proper wording is very important and also dont forget to include your B.Com, and MBA transcripts with I-140 application. In my case B.sc MCA gave me advantage but not sure how evaluation companies will evaluate B.Com and MBA. Please feel free to ask if you need more information.

Thanks! Sasu

I am glad to see such good advice and support. My journey begins now..

Hi Sasu - Can you please share with us the exact details of RFE received.

Thanks.

I got RFE asking to prove my bachelors was completed before my priority date . Attorney forgot to add my bachelors and masters transcripts which caused this RFE and Exactly after 15 days of PP I got this RFE. It is simple but during X Mas time Officer wants to by some more time before approving :)

Exact wording are

"Submit evidence that the beneficiary obtained required bachelor's degree in computer science or related field before priority date. Evidence of education must be in the form of an official record showing the dates of attendance area of concentration of study and date of degree award, if any. Transcripts must be submitted to show the major area of study pursued and translated if necessary. Please submit transcripts for both degrees the beneficiary has earned. It appears the transcripts were incomplete and copy of degree is insufficient."

hope this helps!

Hi Sasu - Thanks for the update . My case is close to yours.

I work for a company A ( fortune 250). My company filed my PERM in September 2008.

Please see my education and experience details below :

1. b.Sc computers ( 3 yrs ) + Master of computer applications ( 3 yrs) from India. I completed my masters in 2001 , but I got the degree certificate in 2003. The master degree says that I completed and passed the exam in 2001.

2. My job stated in PERM requires Bachelors plus five years of experience in computers.

3. I have relevant job experience from 2001 Jan until May end 2006 before joining the company in may end 2006. Jan 2001 to May 2001 was gained as a part of final semester internship working 40hours .

4. Company filed my I 140 in EB3 category in october 2008.

5. I requested my company to do my green card in EB2 category , and they filed ONLY my I140 again EB2 in Jan 2012 stating typographical error as the reason with USCIS. They said we may not have to do PERM again since the original PERM satisfied the requirements for EB2.

6. I am currently employed with the same company.

I would like to know what are the chances of my EB2 I 140 getting approved.

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Sasu:

Good to know about people like you who are having success with 3 year BS + cases.

Mine is similar, Almost. I have BSc in Computer Science (3 years, India) + PGDBA: Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (1 year, UK). I haven't got my Educational evaluation done. And looking at your case, I am thinking to get it done to have equivalencey certificate that will state I have US BS equivalent foreign education. I have 7 years and 6 months of progressive work experience and looking to apply my GC in EB2. I would like to get some more information from you regarding how to follow the path

1. Which two companies did you get your educational evaluation done?

2. Who is your attorney?

I would really appreciate if you can please drop me an email on montyp80 at gmail dot com. It would be of real great help for candidates like me to have a good chance at getting GC processed much faster.

Thanks in advance

Monty

Archived