Successful H1b restamping at delhi embassy

singh_is_king_33

I was reading this forum for the past 1 month in order to see how H1B stamping is going now days. I was bit concerned but had to go in india so went for H1B restamping also. I am on EC model and appointment was on 15-11-2011.

VO asked me following questions

1. Who is your employer: Answered

2. How long are you working: 1.8 years

3. Why you left previous company: Answered

4. Do you work at employer location : No, i work at client location

5. Who is vendor in between: There is no vendor in the middle. My employer is dealing directly with client.

VO then said your visa is approved and he kept passport and i797 with him. Now waiting for passport delivery.

There were lot of people there for H1B stamping and most of them were getting visa approved.

@ Singh,

Congrats on your visa approval. I am an FTE and planning to attend interview during second week of December. Posting your experience is encouraging and impressive. Thanks for sharing it. Can you provide a list of documents that you carried to the interview (if you maintained a checklist)? Also, are we allowed to bring US born baby inside? Did you see anyone with babies inside the embassy? I will be calling the embassy to see if they allow US Citizens. Any other suggestions to future visa applicants will be much appreciated. Thanks.

@vidhya,

I told him that I was not doing much challenging work in my previous company thats why I left which was my case.

Also he did ask me my current and previous salary.

@njdude,

If you take mobile , pen drive,wallet or any other electronic item, security people will keep

it outside the embassy. My friend already went for interview 1 month back and he told me

about this. So I took only the documents in a poly bag and money in the pocket. Thats it !

Also nowdays process has been changed , first your documents will be checked, then they

will take fingerprints and finally you will give the interview.

@cakeboss,

I carried all the possible documents that VO can possibly ask

1. client letter

2. Letter from my employer

3. All paystubs (Although last 3 months are required)

4. Degree certificates

5. All experience letters from previous companys

6. All W2

7. Passport

8. Latest i797

However he didn't ask anything.

I saw some people with babies inside. I dont think if the baby is US citizen there

will be any problem, rest you can call and ask. They were giving preference to

the people with babies to give interview first.

Archived