Can i get L1?

goelaprashant

Hi,

I am working with a company in India. The parent company of the company i am working for has another subsidiary in US. The subsidiary is an LLC and has been in existence in 2006.

There are currently no employees present in the US Subsidiary but the required annual returns etc are being filed on a regular basis.

I wanted to check if it will be possible for me to get a L1 VISA and get transferred to the US LLC? My company wants to send me to US to grow the overall business.

I have a senior manager position at the Indian company and will be transferred at a senior position to the US company as well.

- Thanks.

Hi,

It is difficult to predict based on the information you proided

Please understand that L1 visa has a history of misuse and hence the application may be highly scrutinized before approval

Also for L1, the general conditions seem to be satisfied in your case

1) You worked abroad at least for 1 year

2) There is some legal relationship between the petitioning employer (in India) and the US operations unit

3) You appear to have reasonable qualifications given that you are a senior manager

However the fact that you are not seeking professional legal advice is surprising

As you would know from your senior management experience, no body can replace a well informed attorney's advice

Wishing you all the best

Archived