H1b VISA Stamping in Australia ..

giprasadgi

Hello Everyone,

I am currently working in Australia since Feb 2011 on work visa. Now I got my h1b application approved under premium processing. Now I would like to attend VISA Stamping from Melbourne/Sydney embassy.

I sent email to Melbourne Embassy with the question and they have replied me with following message. Is it true that visa officer can reject my visa? What are the refusal possibilities? Is it safe attend here in Aus or do I need to travel India and get stamped?

Q: Can I apply for a visa in Australia if I am not an Australian passport holder or a permanent resident here?

A: An applicant has the right to apply for a nonimmigrant visa at any U.S. consulate abroad, therefore you can apply at any U.S. consulate in Australia.

However, it may be harder to qualify for a visa when applying outside your own country of permanent residence. At your interview you will be required to demonstrate that you have strong ties abroad, and that you will return overseas after your visit to the U.S. If you choose to apply in Australia, keep in mind that your application may be refused, and the application fee is non-refundable.

If you do apply in Australia, please bring documentation to your interview to establish that you:

• Have a residence abroad which you do not intend to abandon
  • Are coming to the U.S. for a definite temporary period
  • Will depart upon the conclusion of your visit
  • Have permission to enter a foreign country after your stay in the U.S.
  • Have access to sufficient funds to cover the expenses of your visit and return passage

A decision on the issuance of your visa will be made at the time of your application and is solely at the discretion of the interviewing officer. Once this decision has been made, there is no course of appeal other than to make a new application at a later date.

If any one had h1b stamped recently in Australia, if yes pls share your experience.

Thanks Guys. Gud Luck.

Archived