Successful Visa Stamping at Vancouver

mirage09

My husband and I were scheduled to attend the Visa stamping at Vancouver, today.

We are on separate H1B’s; we have been working full time for the past 6 years; both our I-140’s have been approved. This is our 3rd H1B visa stamping. I have had two previous 221g’s- Admin processing. Both times, the admin processing was done in 2.5 weeks.

We went to the consulate at 8:50 for the 9:30 appointment. There are a few guards there to direct you to the appropriate line. We told them that we were married but had two separate appointments. They said we could go through as a family; we choose to go this route. They now have deposit boxes outside the consulate but it’s too small to hold anything substantial. We were standing in line outside the consulate until 10:15AM. Once in, we went through security. Closed envelopes, electronics, sharp objects, handbags aren’t allowed. It’s best to leave all your belongings at your hotel and take only documents in a sturdy bag. After security, you go up one level where they take your passport, I797 and give you a token number. Wait for your number to be called, they return the passport and I797 and tell you go to the 20th floor. On that floor, you are asked to go to a counter to get ten printed. After that you wait again for your number to be called. The VO asked us the following

My husband:

-What is your current title?

- where did you get your advanced degree?

Me:

• What do you do?
  • Where did you get your advanced degree?
  • What are your job responsibilities

After a few seconds of chit chat, he said our visas were approved and that we would get our passports in 3-5 business days. He also gave us a document that describes how the DHL passport pick works.

That’s all folks. I am happy to answer questions.

Successful Visa Stamping at Vancouver

Both my husband and I were scheduled to attend the Visa stamping at Vancouver, today.

We are on separate H1B’s; we have been working full time for the past 6 years; both our I-140’s have been approved. This is our 3rd H1B visa stamping. I have had two previous 221g’s- Admin processing. Both times, the admin processing was done in 2.5 weeks.

We went to the consulate at 8:50 for the 9:30 appointment. There are a few guards there to direct you to the appropriate line. We told the officer that we were married but had two separate appointments. They said we could go through as a family; we choose to go this route. They now have deposit boxes outside the consulate but it’s too small to hold anything substantial. We were standing in line outside the consulate until 10:15AM. Once in, we went through security. Closed envelopes, electronics, sharp objects, handbags aren’t allowed. It’s best to leave all your belongings at your hotel and take only documents in a sturdy bag. After security, you go up one level where they take your passport, I797 and give you a token number. Wait for your number to be called, they return the passport and I797 and tell you go to the 20th floor. On that floor, you are asked to go to a counter to get ten printed. After that you wait again for your number to be called. The VO asked us the following

My husband:

-What is your current title?

- where did you get your advanced degree?

Me:

• What do you do?
  • Where did you get your advanced degree?
  • What are your job responsibilities

After a few seconds of chit chat, he said our visas were approved and that we would get our passports in 3-5 business days. He also gave us a document that describes how the DHL passport pick works.

That’s all folks. I am happy to answer questions.

Good luck.

@Mirage09, thanks for the update.

Me and my wife both are on H1B same Employer-same vendor- same Client. We both got different slots with 30 min. gap.

Can we ask them too, to go as a family? Also we have a kid of 3 yrs, US citizen Can we take him too?

We have appointment at Toronto. Thanks for your time.

Hey Kartek, You should definitely ask them about going together as a family. I don't know what the Toronto consulate policies are. You could email them. I cannot comment on the child situation. While we were waiting outside to get inside the Vancouver consulate, I did see another Indian family with a small child; they were allowed inside. Do send an email to Toronto consulate. Good Luck.

Archived