New H1B - Transfer - No Pay Stubs

newbie86

Hello,

My consultancy filed my H1B on October 17, 2011. I have recently got an approval for my H1B from USCIS on November 10, 2011. I am currently working as a contractor for a client X. I am not satisfied with my job and I want to quit. I have found a new employer who is offering me a full time position. Now, In a H1B transfer scenario, I have the following question:

1. I believe for a H1B transfer, atleast 3-4 pay stubs are required. Is this true? Is it not possible to do a H1B transfer without paystubs or say with only 1 pay stub?

Also, did anyone face a similar situation of filing for a H1B transfer without paystubs? If so, your contribution to this post will be greatly appreciated. Kindly suggest.

Thanks.

Generally, evidence of maintanence of status is a requirement for filing for a change of status or extension of stay in the U.S. Usually recent paystubs may be submitted as proof one is maintaining H1B status at the time of filing a change of employer petition. Please schedule a consultatin with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts relating to your case and the options available to you.

Archived