L1 extension with RFE and applying for H1B

india277

Hi,

From past 3 years I am living in US with L1B VISA, now I applied for L1 extension and it is in RFE status now. I need to submit RFE questions answers by Dec-20th to USCIS.

Meanwhile same company started H1B petition process as premium for same client. They are going to file H1B petition by November end. I guess I will know the status by December middle because we are applying as premium.

I have couple of questions, can some one please answer my questions.

1. If my H1B petition approved, I need to transfer my status from L1 to H1 for this can I transfer L1 to H1 with out leaving the country because L1 extension is in progress? or do I need to go back to INDIA for L1 to H1 transfer because my current L1 VISA & I-94 status are expired?

2. If my H1B petition approved, Do I need to revoke L1B extension petition immediately?

Thanks in advance!!!

I'm in same boat, please answer this....

I'm in US on L1. I applied for L1 extension and recieved RFE of 10 pages and my company is not ready to answer those queries(as its not possible for answering those queries).

I still have my L1 for 2 more months and my time to answer rfe is for 2 months.

Here are my questions:

Can I apply for H1 now with same company?

If I do that without answering my L1 extn query, will that be a problem?

I have a labour which my company got it for my green card processing, can I use that for H1?

Please help this is urgent.

• 3 months later...

Archived