L2 to Green Card Processing

Tapashi198609

1. I presently have an L2 visa and EAD. I am working as a independent consultant,

a. Can my employer apply for a Green Card for me - how long does it usually take to get a green card for L2 visa holders.

b. Today there are very less H1 B left (14000), Is it suggested to get the GC filed or file H1B and then file the GC. My visa and I-94 is going to expire on 2nd September 2012.

c. Will I first have to change my visa status from L2 to H1B prior to applying for the Green Card.

2. My spouse presently holds a Blanket L1A visa and therefore is restricted to work only for his sponsoring company. Once I get get my Green Card

a. will my spouse be able to switch companies and begin working on an EAD

b. What visa status will he hold if I have a green card ?

Additional information

I am holding a L2 visa, once i obtain my Green card what kind of visa will my spouse holding. Can his current company convert him or employ him after his term.

I presently have an L2 visa and EAD. I am working as a independent consultant,

a) When can the Labor get approved after filing? Is there any Premium Processing?

b) When the Petition for immigration I-140 can be filed? How much time required?

c) Can I work after the Petition for immigration I-140 is filed? With what status can I work? H1 or GC (EAD)?

d) Totally if I go through the H1B path how much time is required for the whole end to end process?

e) I am currently working in Ohio state and my employer is from Michigan state and I stay in NJ. From which state will GC be filed?

f) I am a SAP certified consultant and have dual certification with five years of job experience and close to one year of experience in USA and did my Masters (MBA) from India, Which catego

Additional information

f) I am a SAP certified consultant and have dual certification with five years of job experience and close to one year of experience in USA and did my Masters (MBA) from India, Which category do I fall into - EB2 or EB3?

g) What are the rejection rate for GC process? Does the Employer matter to take a decision for GC approval?

h) Please suggest – Filing H1B and then going for GC is a wise step.

Archived