vancouver canada : successful visa stamping : 10 Nov 2011

myVisa14

hi everyone,

First of all thanks to Murthy forums for giving us the platform to communicate about the VISA stuff.

here is my experience at Vancouver, Canada on 10 Nov 2011

I was 45mins early to my scheduled interview, big line, has to wait for 1 1/2 hrs to get the pre work done.

V.O how r u

V.O asked for my passport and 1-797, DS-160 confirmation

V.O What do you do

V.O who do you work for

V.O where do you live

V.O where did you studied and what

V.O Congrats yours VISA got approved, PIMS verification will take an additional business day

V.O she took my passport, i-797 and DS-160 confirmation.

I was so lucky, i didn't opened my file at all, i saw two other H1-b guys got approved today..

myProfile:- EVC model, F1 to H1, Just started H1 from last month (oct), working for my current employer for 2 and half years on OPT

Finally, Vancouver is a very good place to get your stamping done.

Good Luck.

--Raj.

hi,

I was going through this link. http://*************

Here they say "Evidence of qualifications must original or certified copy. Consular officers in Canada may refuse to issue a visa to H-1B applicants if their education and/or work experience is solely or predominantly from a country other than the U.S. or Canada."

In my case i am Full Time Employee with a big cell phone service provider in the US. I DO NOT have a degree from US. All i have is a BE degree with 3 yrs India & Russia and 4 years US experience now. This will be my second H1 stamping. I had my first stamping in Chennai.

I have 2 questions:

1) is there any one who dont have US degree and have got stamped successfully in Vancouver?

2) Right now i dont have my Degree certificate original copy in the US. I just have a scanned copy. What is meant by "Certified Copy".

Can you guys please respond if you have any exp around this.

hi,

I was going through this link. http://*************

The link you provided

Here they say "Evidence of qualifications must original or certified copy. Consular officers in Canada may refuse to issue a visa to H-1B applicants if their education and/or work experience is solely or predominantly from a country other than the U.S. or Canada."

In my case i am Full Time Employee with a big cell phone service provider in the US. I DO NOT have a degree from US. All i have is a BE degree with 3 yrs India & Russia and 4 years US experience now. This will be my second H1 stamping. I had my first stamping in Chennai.

I have 2 questions:

1) is there any one who dont have US degree and have got stamped successfully in Vancouver?

2) Right now i dont have my Degree certificate original copy in the US. I just have a scanned copy. What is meant by "Certified Copy".

Can you guys please respond if you have any exp around this.

You need a Degree from US or Canada only when you are applying for Change of status Ex: F1->H1, H4->H1, L1-> H1 etc., as far as i know with my readings in forums and research if you are not going for Change Of Status[same as your case]..you don't need to have US or Canada Degree..the concept behind this is if you are applying for change of status they need to evaluate your background like educational verification they cannot verify yours education background because your education was not in US or Canada hence they recommend people to goto home country if you don't have US or Canada masters degree and ol purpose or stamping is Change Of Status(COS). But on other hand if you are going for stamping renewal they don't need to verify your educational details because it was already done in your home country at the time of your 1st time H1B Stamping.

I am not an attorney not a paralegal. But what ever I told in the above statements are completely based on my readings or research made online. So please before making any decision it is always suggestible to discuss with attorneys.

Hi ,

I am also on the same boat as you guys and planning to go to canada for my stamping from F1-> H1.Which consulate is better among for the stamping.and can you please share the link to schedule the appointments in the consulate...

and how many days before the scheduled date do we need to get the visiing visa for canada...??usually how many days do they give??

Thanks in Advance

Archived