H-1B in acceptance state2nd H-1B exempt from cap?

Heiko

Hello all!

The company which is sponsoring my H-1B is going out of business. Unfortunately, the H-1B case is still in "acceptance" state not in the "initial review" state.

Does this mean it has been counted against the FY 2012 quota already.

I plan to get a new job as quickly as possible. I know multiple companies can apply for multiple H-1Bs for the same beneficiary. The H-1B only get counted once against the quota.

The new company would have to file for another H-1B. Is the new H-1B exempt from cap?

Thanx in advance,

Heiko

Generally, the beneficiary is only considered counted against the H1B numerical quota once the petition is approved. Due to the time sensitivity of your issue, please schedule a consultation with a qualified immigration attorney as soon as possible to discuss the facts relating to your case and the different options that may be available to you.

My petition got approved as of today. I've never seen the "initial review" step at the USCIS website.

I assume I've been counted against the quota and shouldn't be affected by the "cap" for the next six years.

Since a H-1B transfer is essentially a new H-1B, not counted against the "cap", I assume I can look for a new H-1B sponsor now.

Now I'm wondering whether the new employer can just apply for a new visa or do I have to go for H1B visa stamping first?

I'm currently in the US on visa-waiver not working for any company. I assume I'm not out-of-status, as I'm legally in the US looking for a job.

Generally, the beneficiary is only considered counted against the H1B numerical quota once the petition is approved. Due to the time sensitivity of your issue, please schedule a consultation with a qualified immigration attorney as soon as possible to discuss the facts relating to your case and the different options that may be available to you.

My petition got approved as of today. I've never seen the "initial review" step at the USCIS website.

I assume I've been counted against the quota and shouldn't be affected by the "cap" for the next six years.

Yes, you are cap-exempt until you spend 6 years in the US in H1 status

Since a H-1B transfer is essentially a new H-1B, not counted against the "cap", I assume I can look for a new H-1B sponsor now.

Now I'm wondering whether the new employer can just apply for a new visa or do I have to go for H1B visa stamping first?

I'm currently in the US on visa-waiver not working for any company. I assume I'm not out-of-status, as I'm legally in the US looking for a job.

Archived