How to get Canada Visa to go for H1 stamping

kdv123

Hi,

I am currently located in Texas. I found out that there is Canada Visa office in Texas. So could somebody assist me on how long does the process take as I am planning to in Dec for Visa stamping. Can we apply though mail and if so how long does it take? Any information is appreciated,

Thanks!

@kdv123 -- I just submitted Docs in Canadian consulate here in LA. It will take no less than 2-3 minutes, they will just verify the documents and will ask you to collect the passport next day (as LA doesn't do same day processing)... I think you don't have canadian consulate in Texas, the one you have in Dallas is just Government office they don't do visas. Check the website for the offices where you can get the visitor visa. Below are the offices where you can go for visa:

Buffalo, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, Seattle or Washington, DC.

You can also mail the Docs to the above offices... I choose to drive to LA because I have my Visa schedules in Nov, also just don't want my passport to be in mail. But I heard it takes about 3 weeks for the process (including you mailing them Docs and getting back). Plan accordingly.... gud luck..

@kdv123 -- I just submitted Docs in Canadian consulate here in LA. It will take no less than 2-3 minutes, they will just verify the documents and will ask you to collect the passport next day (as LA doesn't do same day processing)... I think you don't have canadian consulate in Texas, the one you have in Dallas is just Government office they don't do visas. Check the website for the offices where you can get the visitor visa. Below are the offices where you can go for visa:

Buffalo, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, Seattle or Washington, DC.

You can also mail the Docs to the above offices... I choose to drive to LA because I have my Visa schedules in Nov, also just don't want my passport to be in mail. But I heard it takes about 3 weeks for the process (including you mailing them Docs and getting back). Plan accordingly.... gud luck..

detroit was same day in 2009.

if yor interview is in toronto, detroit is a good option.

Archived