issues during i-485 stage (Tri valley clousure) for spouse

H42H1BHelp

Hi Experts,

My priority date is going to be current pretty soon, my wife was out of status from jan 18th 2011 to Feb 12th 2011 due to the closure of Tri valley university, she came back to US on H4 and after that she converted to H1B, Will there be any issues during i-485 stage? If yes, please suggest strategies to handle it.

Thanks.

Not for that short time.

But, there may be a bigger issue if she used CPT while at TVU. People on F1 who worked on CPT outside of normal commuting range and who didn't attend classes in person were out of status.

Also, if she cam back on H4 and within less than 90 days changed to H1, she may have a problem because of that.

Not for that short time.

But, there may be a bigger issue if she used CPT while at TVU. People on F1 who worked on CPT outside of normal commuting range and who didn't attend classes in person were out of status.

Also, if she cam back on H4 and within less than 90 days changed to H1, she may have a problem because of that.

She did not use CPT and we are about 5 mil away from TVU, anyways what problem do you anticipate ? she came back in April 1st week and then switched to H1B after 2.5 months.

Archived