GC for L1A - Process & Timeline

whooz

I'm a Senior Manager from India on a L1-A VISA , working with a multinational company in US for last 2 years. I came to US thru an inter company transfer & have over 5 yrs of Managerial experience in India (with the same company) before coming to US in 2009 on L1A.

My company has asked my if I want to go for a green card under EB1.

Can you pls what is the process & assuming all goes well - how long will it take for me to receive my GC if we file say on Dec-1'2011.

Do you handle such cases ?

Any information would be appreciated, Thx.

Murthy Law Firm does routinely handle these types of cases. The processing time varies; and, without looking at the specifics of your case, I have no way of determining the likelihood of any potential problems arising which could potentially delay the processing of your case. However, I can say that, ordinarily, if we filed a case for a multinational manager/executive on December 1, 2011, the foreign national would likely have his green card before December 1, 2012.

I should also point out that, although Premium Processing is not currently available for this classification, USCIS has stated that this expedited service is "[p]rojected to become available in early calendar year 2012."

If you are interested in pursuing this option, please consult with a qualified attorney. If you do not yet have an attorney, we here at the Murthy Law Firm would be honored to assist you in this matter.

Archived